Friday, May 29, 2009


Another pair of mitts - and these might be my fave of the bunch. Maya, my little hand model, agreed. She's already put her order in for a couple of her own.

They're Axel Mitts by Blue Garter, and I used two skeins of Elann Peruvian Highland Wool from my stash to make 'em. You might recognize this from Maya's all time favorite hat. Working with a bulky gauge was awesome. I cast on late in the morning and was done with both mitts after a karate class and some evening TV.


Aren't they cool? I love the 2x2 rib on the hand, 1x1 rib on the thumb.


Anyways, off to work on my next design for fall. This time I'm going to be ahead of the curve.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Aren't fingerless mitts the best? Super quick and a fun, functional, and cool outcome. Lucky teachers!

Holli said...

Wow, those *are* great. The bulky yarn gives them a nice thick look -- which I'm sure will come in super handy (no pun intended) in the fall!

Carol said...

I think these are in my queue! Love the cable action.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Wish I'd thought of that- I did scarves...

Christopher said...

Ahem...the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint on speech. Just sayin'.

Love ya! Mwah!

Debi1 said...

I love those...I really need to make a pair of fingerless mitts, I have fetching in my favorites.... all of yours are an inspiration!

Batty said...

Very pretty! Love the color and the cables.