Tuesday, May 12, 2009


You guys cannot imagine my surprise when I checked Ravelry today to see if anyone had anything to say about the Nantucket Red I'd added to my pattern page yesterday. Holy Shit!

I added it early because I'm offering up patterns and vintage buttons on Claudia's Blog as prizes for her MS Ride and I figured I should at least have the page up in case she posted and people wanted to get more information. I really didn't expect much of a response - first off, since I'm not exactly a known quantity out there in the knitting world and secondly, since the pattern's not even there yet, but you guys are amazing.


Amazing. In one day. Faves and queues and comments galore. I'm floored. And now I'm scared. So, of course I'm second guessing all my math and going through it again and figuring the whole pattern out one more time as I read the file - before I even hear back from my test knitters with the final tally of stuff.

Because this time I may not start out with one or two patterns out in the wild - easy to call back and get to if there's a problem. This time I may have a few more, so I'm going to stay home and do some math this week. And double check it. And then maybe do that one more time.

And honestly, the first 5 of you who really want to get knitting and promise to get going right away can have a free copy as soon as I finish just so I know where those first knitters are in CASE I do miss something. Murphy's Law and all.

So, while I bask in this newfound amazement/success/pressure, this cool little lace scarf will have to wait. It is pretty and lacey - and fun to work on. But no.



And Kingscot, well, her arms just might get finished anyways when my math-addled brain screams out for some stockinette and TV.


Because my head's going to be deep in this puppy for a few more days.


PS - Did I remember to say Thank You?
Because it's really been an amazing feeling to see all of this kind feedback and feel the pattern love. It's such positive reinforcement, and it's so so so appreciated. I'm like Sally Field at the Golden Globes. You like it? You really like it? I knew I liked it, but somehow it's sooooo much cooler now that you all like it too!

Thank You!

12 comments:

Cat said...

I'd love to cast on as soon as you're ready to put Nantucket Red up - the photo is beautiful!

Carol said...

Now about that book deal...

dropstitchknitter said...

I'd love to - i'm stalking to see what yardage I need to order for yarn!

Jess said...

This is a beautiful sweater. I heading over to queue it right now!

Cyndi said...

If your Nantucket Red pattern is half as wonderful as Vintage Cardigan (need to remember to email a picture of my finished sweater), I would love to test knit it for you. I am nearly through Whisper and don't have a definite next project at this time so I could start in right away.
cynshep at comcast dot net

Melissa said...

Congrats, that's great! Funny enough, I stumbled on the pattern this morning and queued it right away.

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Yay- shall queue it when I hop over to Ravelry. Do you need another size 34/36 for your first 5? (I know, Carol said we're going to meet. Just got the train tickets today- that was a bit emotional, but it will be good).

Hilary said...

But of course it would be so popular -- it's a great sweater!

Greeley said...

I plan to start as soon as the pattern is available! (I'm local if that helps me be included in the first 5--I am happy to pay however)

Patty said...

Sally, Sally, Sally - it's time go yarn shopping!

Christopher said...

My goodness you are a rock star! I may be the only non-knitter on this page but, seriously, you totally slay. I don't care that you never show your face in your photos...more mystery is what I say! Finally, while I don't really need a red sweater, I think I heard Craig talking about how much he'd really love a red wrap...just FYI.

See y'all soon, I hope?!?

Mwah!

C

littlelib said...

It looks like you have enough volunteers, but if you're short on them I'm more than happy to test. Right now I'm jones-ing for a sweater to knit :)