Monday, June 15, 2009


Here's my latest favorite project, and it looks so nice on my orange naugahyde chair, doesn't it?

Merino aran in cables. Can you see it's an open braid down the center and some babycables for accents? The cable design has been fun to think about, and the construction of this guy is also more interesting to figure out than my previous cardigan patterns - so i'm feeling kind of smaht (that's Boston smart, for those of you scratching your heads) this morning. Since I did figure it out - so, woo hoo.

It's a little more than normal knitting addictive, in fact. I did manage to go out a few times in the past 72, but most of my home hours this weekend were with this guy. All this progress is the up side to another few rainy summer days - ugh. But really, I'm doubly glad to get a lot done, since I only have TWO more completely kid free school day mornings - oh shit.


Also done - just in time for those two days left -
- some more teacher mitts. I found another stray skein of Rowan DK tweed floating around and decided a berry and cable pattern might be fun to play with. The berries are hard to photograph with my limited talent, but they're a little arrow of 3 inside each V cable. I just might keep going with the mitts as gifts for my Danish family for next month!

The rum was a gift, and the label looked so pretty with the yarn, I had to take a photo. And yep, I was mocked. We made more Nantucket Reds with the pomegranate juice - they're kind of addicting. Did any of you give them a shot? Let me know what you thought.

I think they're tasty -- I'm a little bit hooked. It's the pom juice. Fruity but not sweet.

As for the REAL Nantucket Red, almost 50 of you got the pattern last week - I can't wait to see the pics start showing up! . :-)

7 comments:

CanarySanctuary said...

I like both of them mucho, but am particularly attracted to the teacher mitts. Mmmm, fascinating cables! (*drools in Homer-esque manner).

Also, I highly enjoyed the peak into Bostonian lexicon. Smaht looks and sounds cool :)

Hilary said...

Oooh, more cables! I can't wait to see more and hear more about the smaht construction. :)

Kym said...

Oh -- enjoy those last days of kids-in-school! While the summer routine is (usually) a welcome change, it does put a damper on Mom-time!

And those cables? They look mighty tempting! :-)

Carol said...

Didn't call you back as I was out and I thought Mondays were your working day? New pattern is looking good. Would have tried the cocktails but no pom juice. On the grocery list though...

Batty said...

Both are very pretty, but I'm intrigued by the amazing merino cables. They look soft and pretty and warm. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Patty said...

Love the look of the cables, gotta seam up GVC and Nantucket Red is on the vacation list - will be buying the pattern soon!

Nell said...

The blue tweed is gorgeous!