Wednesday, July 08, 2009



This one's a blender drink. They were so good, we drank a little too much out prior to the picture, so they aren't as pretty as they should have been.

1 banana
1 peach
double shot of OJ
double shot of milk
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
double shot of light rum


We just pretended it was sunny and didn't add ice. They were amazing. The milk and OJ combo gives the peach banana kind of a Creamsicle edge. Sooo tasty. And that brown mess down bottom? That's my next design project. Something super simple and textured.


To be honest, there have been other drinks. I just haven't been very good about blogging about them or having my camera nearby when the drinks were on hand. In fact, last weekend up in Maine, we drove up to freshly shaken cosmos in beautiful red martini glasses - call that service - and - also so very pretty. But I'd just gotten out of the car when they asked if I needed to photograph them. Nope, I just wanted to drink them.

Then, at dinner the next night, a friend took took one look at the dinner table full of lobster and bottles of wine and said, "Hey, you should blog about this!" Again, I just wanted to hang so you don't get to see the table and I don't get to tell you about the wines.

These are friends, who by the way, don't knit and don't read either my blog or any other blog, but still know I'm the nut who photographs drinks before enjoying them. Occasionally I'll style the tabletop and I've been caught in public doing so, which always leads to some explanation for the newbie.

Sometimes my knowing friends "pose" with their drinks for me, offering themselves up as blog bait, which I never take. I know full well when I'm being mocked, yes I do. And I have my own blogging agenda which will not be altered by their whims or desire for knitting blog fame. But it doesn't stop em. Do your non knitting friends do this to you?

In fact, my family has been entertaining themselves at my expense lately by suggesting I start a secondary blog. It's about all the great public toilets I find out in the world. See, I'm a woman who had kids without the C section. And I drink coffee in the morning, water during the day and booze at beer thirty, so I find it's important to know the spots. You all understand, don't you? There's not always a big lead time anymore so one must be prepared.

Yes, I am good at tracking 'em down or seeing the options from afar - only because I have to be. But no, I DO NOT want to start the Potty Blog, as they continually suggest every time we're somewhere new and I pull a bathroom out of my hat. No no no. I'm walking down the pier in Old Orchard Beach this weekend, Maya and Craig hot on my heels, dictating text to me about the spanking new restroom I found out by the parking lot. Granted, it's hard to find an clean new one at the cheesy beach pier, and I did pick a winner out there by the car. Totally cracking themselves up, they were. "Take pics of the outsides and then the actual toilets. It'll be great!" "Give a rating system - one sheet of toilet paper, two sheets of toilet paper...." "Reviews" "Distance points"

Yep, shut the fuck up. or no more knits for you.

BTW, Why can't the men have the babies?? They can secret pee almost anywhere.

Anyways, my camera was still in the car and I wasn't about to go get it - either for the lobster or the Old Orchard Beach Restroom (which was a great find, I'll admit).



Anyways, moving onto plans for next week, when life off the screen and blog will take over. Here are a few knits to take to Denmark. I don't think I'll be taking the new design project, since it's sweater sized.

Instead, some beautiful Shuibui sock yarn for kid mittens and a big skein of cream colored cashmere merino to make a Juno out of. I'm thinking Juno is the perfect travel knit since it's only one skein, has some detail at the beginning (a plane ride) a long boring middle (sightseeing and hanging out) and then more detail at the end (another plane ride).

I might just check in again before Sunday.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a chuckle!! Why? Because I know EXACTLY what you're talking about and can sympathize to the utmost on the bathroom and kids issue. After having had 6, all naturally, AND drinking scads of coffee, tea, water and whatever else constantly all day long (it seems I drink more than most folks too), the bathroom and I meet far too many times a day! I can't go anywhere without being well familiar with every restroom around. I've even thought about making tally marks to actually see how many times in a day, but then again, do I REALLY want to know? NO!

Carol said...

I forgot Juno was a Miriam Felton pattern too. It's going to be beautiful in that cream color. If I don't talk to you, have a great trip!

Thea said...

Anonymous,

they brought up the idea of a tally. Incorporated into a contest.... Glad to hear I'm in good company!

me

Liz said...

Many years ago I traveled to NYC with a couple of friends. We thought we should write a book about 'places to *go* in NYC' so I love the idea of a potty blog. BTW, the Waldorf-Astoria is very nice.

Holli said...

I'm with you on the public restrooms and cleanliness, and I'd totally read a potty blog ;)

have a great time in Denmark. Can't wait to see the pics when you return.

Kathleen said...

Completely empathize with the potty thing, even more so as my kids are still little, so when they need to go, they need to go!

That cream colored cashmere merino looks lovely. I may have to reassess Juno Regina...

Amber said...

I bet that drink would be good with coconut milk too...since I'm off Dairy right now, mmmm, coconut :)

Hilary said...

Mmm...that drink looks both delicious *and* healthy!! And just tell all those mockers to shut up. People outside knit-blogging land just don't understand! But for the record, I would totally read your potty blog if you had one. I've never given birth, but boy do I have to pee a lot. Do you have any good spots I should know of in San Francisco?

Patty said...

What's a visit to Fenway without a trip into the Hotel Commonwealth...and sometimes for drinks!

Melissa Goodsell said...

LOL your post made me giggle! I always have to know the toilet stops when we're out and about.
You've got some lovely knitting projects on here, the chocolate wrap cardigan is just beautiful!

Deborah said...

I completely empathize about your bathroom situation, I did not have a c-section either, love coffee and beer! Have a safe and lovely trip and make it back to Mass in one piece PLEASE! You will be missed!

Kym said...

Oh, yeah. The Potty Blog is a great idea, but when you read your comments and find out how "universal" the situation is, maybe you could think bigger, and just build a Travel Potty Database and launch an online, accessible Potty Directory (available on GPS????). That way, all of us who just REALLY need to go would always be prepared - wherever we are!

Have a fabulous trip! :-)

Elzemhobby said...

everything very beautifulll.gretinds from Turqia.kısss