Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I can't believe it's almost the 4th! Been getting ready for our long July trip and trying to stay sane in the rain over here.

The beach worked out just fine -- it started foggy, but as the morning wore on it became apparent we chose the one sunny day to go, so we stayed put from 9am all the way till 5pm - missed Karate and everything. No one was leaving once the sun showed up. Since then, it's been rainy.

Except yesterday afternoon, when we decided to gamble again.


We ended up with a somewhat cloudy afternoon at our local pond beach - a bonus since you get the whole joint to yourselves. Since it's literally a block away from our house, we figured we'd stay put. And I had a project to get moving.


Just look how that paid off!



These are coming to Denmark next weekend.

Before we leave, I'm trying to get through the brown cabled number. Just a little more neckline to go and I'll share. My goal is to get it written and charted before I leave, and I'm hoping to find test knitters in August. It takes about 1200 yds of aran merino - or aran tweed. If you're interested and have some in your stash, drop me a comment with your email. I'll need knitters who are comfy with cables and short rows!

Or you might want to wait and see what it looks like first.

Sorry, no drinks this time. Been too busy!

Just a FYI,
I'll be taking the links to purchase patterns off my blog temporarliy (July 11 - Aug 5), since I can't be sure what computer access I'll have or want in Europe. Instead, anyone who wants can purchase on Ravelry where the download is automatic.

5 comments:

yoel said...

Have fun on your vacation! I'd volunteer to test knit, but just got new yarn for several new projects.

amandacathleen said...

*sigh* a day at the beach sounds wonderful! Looks like your kids enjoyed themselves!
Beautiful knits, you where busy at the beach!
If you still need test knitters, I'll be more than happy to help out.
my email is mistress_stash_enhancer(@)yahoo(.)com

Hilary said...

Looks like a productive and fun day! Good luck with all the trip prep and finishing up the pattern -- sounds like you've got a pretty busy week and a half ahead of you!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Have a fabulous vacation!!

Patty said...

What a nice long vacation! Enjoy!