Thursday, August 27, 2009


I'm learning that I can't do any actual pattern writing while the kids are still around. It's all sound bites around here. 20 mins and something. 15 mins and something else. Beach, errands, friends, phone, whatever. It's good. But there's no writing, no calculations. Nothing my child and liquor addled brain can't handle on autopilot.

However I knit just fine in sound bites. I do it by spidey sense, based on gut (which I have plenty of this summer....). And I take notes. So, by next week, I'll have two completed sweaters and a pair of mitts completely finished and all ready to write up.

See? Just a neckline left to work on.


How much do I love thee, Ultra Alpaca? Honestly, my favorite all time yarn.

8 comments:

Renee said...

Wow - I envy your spidey-senses!!

Looking forward to seeing your finished knits. :)

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Is that Berroco Ultra Alpaca?

A lot of wishing I had more spidey sense right now with my knitting :)

Hilary said...

I LOOOOVE this sweater! Just perfect for fall.

Holli said...

Ultra Alpaca, eh? I've never tried it, but this is a STRONG endorsement.

The sweater is gorgeous -- I'm really into gray right now -- it's perfect for fall.

Batty said...

Let me join the 'love this seater' chorus. It's gorgeous. And I share your love of Ultra Alpaca. Just... wash the swatch, 'cause it grows.

Carol said...

This is a good one. Can't wait to see the finishing bits.

Kym said...

Ultra Alpaca is my all-time favorite yarn. Love. It. :-)

The school bus will come soon! Enjoy these last days of summer (which I say with a laugh, as it's barely 60 degrees here in Michigan. . .some summer!).

amandacathleen said...

I know what you mean, my children have killed my brain.
However, your sweater in progress is awesome!