Monday, August 31, 2009


Or I'm just super dedicated to creating the best pattern possible for all of you. Am thinking I'll go with the latter to explain why I bought 5 skeins of the above colorway of Ultra Alpaca today when I popped by my fave LYS in Lexington.

I could not leave this amazing green there - it was just so unusual. A gorgeous deep jade green heathered with dark red. Sounds weird, huh? It's not. And it might be a super secret new color since I can't even find it on the Berocco website to link. All mine. Awesome.

I finished up the brown cardigan with hooks and eyes, and will take some nice photos soon. It's pretty perfect. (Although I do realize the pics I used in my last post suck and it might not look as perfect as I keep saying it is.)

However, in the meantime I'll be knitting another one, a little shorter - with a cool detail on the back, which I've already figured out. Something a little more fun than the classic brown one. And then I'll do the pattern with two versions in it. Two versions. Am I getting ahead of myself here? Someone stop me.

Maybe I just need one to wear to Rhinebeck and another for Stitches East.
How's that for justification?

In the meantime, I had begun Rosamund's Cardigan out of this lovely yarn from the stash. It's purple with blue heather in it and exactly on gauge. A great find in the trunk, and thanks to Emily who gave it up a couple of years back. But it'll just have to wait a few more days while I catch up on the Lucky Green.


On the cocktail front, I had visions of grandeur last night that didn't work out. While watching Don Draper effortlessly muddle maraschino cherries into rye on MadMen, I figured I'd do the same. As soon as the commercial break came up, I grabbed the Jim Beam, the cherries, and lemon. It was quick and I was done by the time the fabulous country club party resumed on TV. But I'm not as smooth as Don Draper and neither was the drink. Hmmm.

It was, however, fun to muddle maraschino cherries...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great color! What's the names of both of them?

Thea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thea said...

I don't have a name for the green - but it's colorway 6286 according to the ball band - which they at Berocco call verdigris mix. But I can't find an actual shade shot.

The purple isn't Ultra Alpaca - it's a weird yarn I was given called Alpaca soft - looks like I'm in an alpaca phase....

Carol said...

Thump! Just fell over at fact you bought yarn.

Hilary said...

Oooh...can't wait to see what cool detail you have worked up for the back. This is going to be such a great pattern!

Anonymous said...

Found the verdigris mix 6286 at yarnsunlimitedpa.com for those who NEED!

Patty said...

I wondered what he was muddling!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

I would leave my home and everything in it for Don Draper! Oh and that Lucky sweater.....

Batty said...

I love Ultra Alpaca. No justification is necessary.