Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm totally impressed by my photo styling here.


But maybe not so much with my neighborly ethics, as stated in the title above.

But really --- I've been looking at these amazing hydrangeas and daisies across the street for days and the neighbor with the gorgeous flowers is in Switzerland for 3 weeks. She has this huge overflowing garden, and everything is in ginormous bloom. You can't even tell I've taken a few bunches. Really, just a few. And I'm not alone in my crimes. It's actually myself and the other neighbor who's dogwalking and watering said garden who have wandered in with scissors. We've agreed the flowers will all be withered by the time they return and shouldn't someone enjoy them in the meantime? The garden owner would surely want them to be enjoyed.

Besides, my dining room table does look so pretty.

see?

But this really shouldn't be about my sticky fingers - it should about the mitts themselves, right? The pattern you're all waiting on? Bated breath, needles ready.

Way easy and versatile. I'm digging the mitts. It took a few tries to get the wing-y cables at the depth I liked them. But once I decided, they took no time to whip up. I like how the cables and ribs look as they go into each other at the top and the bottom of the mitts - and how the cable Vs out as you go into the hand (pinky side below here) on the sides. More pics are on Ravelry and the pattern should be there in just a few more days.



In other news, I cut Zoe's hair this morning. She wanted bangs.


She was not drinking coffee, she just looked that way.

Now everyone is busy and I'm putting away my scissors and going to get back to other things. After all, fall is only a few weeks away...

8 comments:

Norma said...

Those are so cute! But why the heck the white-gloved fingertips???? Hee.

Renee said...

Love the mitts. The colour especially and those flowers are gorgeous. They are best enjoyed while still in bloom. I won't tell...

Holli said...

Mitts, bangs and flowers all look great. You've been pretty busy with your scissors, haven't you ;)

neverenoughthyme said...

I'm a gardener and I would absolutely love someone to enjoy my flowers. How dare she leave them for 3 weeks?? The nerve of some people.....

yoel said...

OMG those hydrangeas are lovely. Hey, if the neighbor in charge of watering said hydrangeas is also borrowing the loveliness, it's all good. Love the gloves and the bangs!

Hilary said...

Those flowers weren't stolen, they were liberated.

And yes, very pretty photo styling!

Batty said...

Lovely mitts!


And the flowers... we used to "pick" flowers that grew through people's fences all the time. And they're gone for 3 weeks? By the time they get back, there will be hardly any left, so it's a good thing somebody is enjoying the flowers.

Carol said...

Few things - first, absolutely pick the flowers. That stimulates the plant to make more blooms which will be perfect by the time the neighbors come back. Second, white tips??? Third, Grace is growing out her bangs. Go figure.