Friday, September 18, 2009

First week of the rest of my life. The life without kids at home all day, every day. I'm about to write this, sit down and enjoy my beer. Maya recommended a book for me, and she's usually spot on, so that should be good too. Jerry Spinelli. Eggs.

It's been a big week. I managed to do the household stuff, teach a class, work out 3 times and finally get going on my patterns. I also bribed my friend to take the pics, which you already know about. Most importantly, the Long Lucky is now written up and ready to try. And, the Short Lucky will be get done next week.

Next week, I've planned a day with some girlfriends to mix it up -we're off to the MALL. Because I can't be too productive, can I?

But back to bizness, because it isn't next week yet, and it's still shy of 5pm, when the whistle officially blows and I can slide down my dinosaur neck to that beer.

One Test Knitter is already testing the Long. She's awesome and has knit for me before, but I'm looking for a couple more. SO... if any of you have a number of finished sweaters under your belt, are a fairly speedy knitter, are ready to begin, and can't wait to get your paws on those new designs, you're in luck!

I can't offer any cash payment or the yarn, but if you happen to have 5-7 Ultra Alpacas or a good sub in the stash, here's a good time to knit it down. I'm looking for a 3 weekish turnaround, but it's knit on #9s and goes quick. If anyone's game, comment me with your email below or message me on Rav.

I'm offering a batch o vintage buttons in return. Whatever color and styles you like, I'll dig through the stash and make up a bag. You can also have any of my other patterns gratis if you'd like too.

Anyways, I'm off to have my beer and see what Eggs is all about.


Renee said...

Is eggs fiction or non? Enjoy your beer and new life!

Thea said...

I'm guessing fiction -- thanks!

Carol said...

I can't believe you waited until 5pm. I didn't.

Amber said...

I'm figuring you've got knitters by now, but if not, lemme know!! I'd love to help out ,and have plenty of yarn I could use ;) xo, Amber

Thea said...

Amber, Thanks so much and would love to have you knit. I messaged you back on Rav - if you didn't get it, let me know! Tks, me

Erica said...

I really like Jerry Spinelli...I know it's considered YA but I pick one of his books up every couple of trips to the library. I almost grabbed Eggs the last time I was there but went with a different one instead. Is this is anything like his others, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Batty said...

Eggs is such a peculiar title for a book... that alone makes me want to check it out.

And yes, I'm just around the corner. Probably quite literally. : )