Monday, November 02, 2009

My tweedy tunic. And my fuzzy picture. Below you can see the details, but here you can see the fit. (I know, I'll take better pics soon!) But it's written - and you're all imaginative, so you get the idea.

I'll proof it again on Wednesday and then I'm looking to see if any of you are dying to knit up a top down, simple lace tunic to wear for the holidays? Use up some DK tweed in your stash? I'm needing knitters and some feedback as you go. If you're game. I'll load you up with vintage buttons as a thank you :-)


I have one volunteer for the medium. Would take another, but I'd rather get a large or small going and see how the sizes are working out. It has a little ease in it - is meant to fit loosely throughout the body.

(X Small (32/34), Small (34/36), Med (36/38), L (38/40,) and XL (40/42))

Oops, I cut and pasted off the document so ignore the weird font and space there. Anyways, it's knit out of Jo Sharp DK Tweed - My gauge is 5 st =1" on #6 needles - in stocking stitch. I used all of 6 skeins for the x small - You'd need 7 for the small and med, 8 for the lg and xl. (147 yds each skein)



As always, I'm open to sub yarn, since you'll all do it anyways -- as long as it's on gauge and has the right feel to it. Am thinking it could work in a light worsted or tweed. Something a little wooly would be nice. Not too itchy or sheepy. Nothing too drapey or it won't work. A little texture is probably the most attractive way to go for the pattern. Tweed is lovely, perhaps a wool heather might work too.

And for a start date, I'm thinking, well, nowish? of course.

6 comments:

Renee said...

I have 10 skeins of Jaeger Roma (discontinued, boohoo) in a natural off white if you need a small. I just started a test knit for someone else, but my normal knitting MO is to have 2 projects on the needles at a time. The Roma is DK, but it's viscose, nylon and angora - not tweedy wool.

NJStacie said...

I'd consider this - what's the timeline on it? I can do an L or XL. I've got some green something or other around I could use.

Jory said...

I have some felted tweed that I'd like to use for a nice sweater. I could do XS or S depending on whether it should have positive or negative ease.

Thea said...

Jory -- that sounds perfect too - I checked out your blog, but don't see your email or Rav name to get back to you...

Jory said...

Oops! Sorry, I thought somehow my email would magically appear to you :). Its jstcharl at gmail.com

Yay! I'm excited to do a test knit!

Cyndi said...

I am still available to knit that medium. Just finished those gifts I was working on. Looking forward to it actually! Cyndi