Tuesday, November 17, 2009


For this great scarf idea. I have three aimless skeins of DK Cashmerino that just found a purpose in life. And really, how perfect for an upcoming Thanksgiving car ride?

In other knitting news, the seed stitch cardigan grows.

It looks just as I'd hoped. The deep purple is perfect, the look is delicate, and I know it'll be an awesome sweater to wear, but the knitting is teeeeeedious. DK Seed Stitch. I'm already over it and here's where I am. The freeing part is that I'm so bored making it that I've decided not to even try and keep notes on it anymore.

Because, really - I can't be responsible for others having to slog through it as well.

5 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Aren't you loving all the catalogs that come out this time of year. I think I have torn out more photos of "I think I could make this" than I have for presents for people ;)

Holli said...

Wow, thanks, indeed J Crew!

And OMG - all that seed stitch. You're my hero. I knit two teeny tiny double-breasted seed stitch baby jackets and that was enough SS for a lifetime. GOOD LUCK!

Sidney said...

I like seed stitch when it's done, but I'm with you: it's the MOST annoying stitch of all time (except a garment of 1 x 1 rib!) All that switching from back to front and for that reason, I have trouble getting even tension on top of everything else...

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Carol said...

This is why I buy seed stitch sweaters...