Tuesday, November 03, 2009

For all the test knitting offers! I'm all set and thanks to you, will have a few sizes in the works over the next few weeks. My goal is to get this out in the world in a month. Pending any huge mistakes.

And look -- my friend Amy was nice enough to pose for some better pics. I'm trying to take the visuals up a notch, as continually promised. And in the spirit of Up a Notch, what's the purpose of having a blog about knitting and cocktails if I'm not using the slant properly?

So, with that in mind, this is my White Russian.
Yep, get it? From now on, each design gets a cocktail and a proper drink name. I'll test around for the best recipe and post it with the pattern. (That part'll be fun.) And the recipes will be on the pattern sheet and on the blog. That way, you don't have to buy a pattern to have a drink, right?

Since my Short Lucky is sooooo close to being published, I'll add a proper cocktail to that one as well. But must think first. The green stuff is nasty - sweet shit or margaritas, which taste better but don't fit. I'm going a different direction.

-----------------

(It's not like this whole angle hadn't crossed my mind before - It's just a case of Doing It.)

7 comments:

Renee said...

Love the name! Great idea to name your patterns for cocktails, very clever. :)

shanalines said...

alternately you could call it "the caucasian"-- a nod to The Big Lebowski.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful tunic and I LOVE the naming!

Patty said...

Oh I wish I could knit faster! Looks like a beautiful pattern named after and excellent cocktail. Can't wait to see it in print.

Kathleen said...

Great idea! How about a Horse's Neck or Greyhound for Lucky?

Kathy said...

Oh, I love the new angle!

Hilary said...

Such an awesome sweater, and I love your naming idea!! I can't wait to see what cocktaily sweaters are published in the future!