Friday, November 06, 2009

already?


At least I have something to show. One sleeve left and Fireside will be done. Turns out I Do Not like working these sleeves in the round, nice as they look.

What a pain in the ass. But, seeing the benefit - and the other FOs out there, I'm in.


It's been nice to take a break and knit from a pattern these past two weeks, but the urge to make something up is pushing me to do this already.

Seed stitch. It's going to be a replacement cardigan for my all time favorite sweater. The ATF sweater was bought at a thrift sale a few years back, and honestly it was a little long in the tooth then. But I loved it so. Basic, a little feminine and fitted. Not too fussy.

I'm hoping it'll last thru till January, but the crappy yarn it's made of is so thin in spots that you can see through it. Not just at the elbows either.

Who knew a DK weight gray seed stitch cardigan could go a little slutty?


9 comments:

amy said...

It's always the quiet ones that surprise you...apparently the same goes for cardigans too! Your fireside sweater turned out so well. I'm jealous. :o)

Patty said...

You've been cruising...I'm feeling pretty slack seeing I've been lucky to crank out one 8 row repeat per day on the sleeves I've got going for Miss BB. Maybe the Pat's game will provide some sitting time. Have a great weekend...two hours 'til cocktail hour!

Renee said...

Your Fireside looks gorgeous!

I plan to sit and knit from now until Sunday night, minus a few hours tomorrow morning that I won't be home - hope I make as much progress as you do - you're productive!

amandacathleen said...

ooooo lovely cabley goodness! Your sweater is going to be awesome when your done.
Can't wait for your white Russian sweater to come out, I'm not sure but I think it would look awesome in some silky tweed!

CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh man your fireside is scrumptious! Can't wait to see it complete!

Norma said...

Good grief, you and I have so MUCH the same taste. I have lusted after many a seed stitch cardigan. So many knitters will say to me, "NOOOO, NOT SEED STITCH," and go on and on about the boredom, etc. I don't know -- they say the same thing about stockinette, but not ME. I love simple. Simple is better and more wearable. But maybe that's not the point. Heh.

Batty said...

Your Fireside sweater looks amazing. It also looks like a crapton of work, so it better look amazing. But it looks like you won't be disappointed...

I hear you on the favorite sweater thing as well. I had to replace one of mine and am now looking to knit something similar. It's hard.

Hilary said...

Wow...look at all those cushy cables. YUM! I can imagine that knitting a small-diameter piece with cables would be a huge pain in the rear. Did you do it all on dpns??

yoel said...

My, what big juicy cables you have!