Friday, December 11, 2009

I apologize for the radio silence, but most my knits right now aren't for prying eyes. I've been diving into the stash and coming up with all kinds of accessories that suit whatever bits of stuff I have to use up. This little number below is my current favorite.


I'm not sure why I never made one of these before, but I sooooo should have. It's the Grace Lace Beret from Ravelry. I used about 1.5 skeins of Sublime Merino DK and a set of 6s. And this can be shown since it's meant to be a gift for Maya's teacher, who I'm pretty sure wouldn't be reading my blog in her spare time.

I'm realizing I have another skein and a half leftover, and I'm also realizing I am going to have a hard time parting with this little hat, so in order for it to actually be given to the recipient, I'm planning on making a second one for me. Otherwise this thing isn't leaving my sight. As an added bonus, once I knit the second one, my entire bag of Sublime will be finished. (leaving me free to buy more)


Zoe's teacher needs a little something too, so here's a Hermoine Hat out of Cashmerino. Also a great pattern and a really pretty hat, but I will be able to gift this one a little easier than the first since I've apparently moved into the beret stage of my life.

The kids are eager to get moving since we're off for Hanukkah tonight with friends. With that in mind, I'll leave Short lucky for tomorrow - I'll be posting the PDF. And a cocktail and another party tip/snack/game.

But first, I gotta get going.

Happy Hanukkah for those of you who celebrate!

9 comments:

Kym said...

Happy Hanukkah, Thea! Love the hats.

Holli said...

Oh, Thea - I love the hats - especially the beret (I've recently entered that phase of my life too). The colors are gorgeous and the teachers will love their gifts (ensuring your girls the roll of "teachers pet" for the rest of the year).

Happy Hanukkah to your and yours. Our candles just burned out for the first night -- ahhh...the holidays. I love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Totally love both these hats. I really like the color of the 2nd one and the fantastic cables. So glad to see some of your knitting again!

Enjoy Hanukkah!!!!!~Jan

Renee said...

Great hats!
I think I'm in the beret stage of my life too... lol
Have a great night out. :)

Chris said...

Great hats! I need to make the beret, too. And Happy Hanukkah!

colleen said...

Happy Hannukah!!

First, I love. that. beret. Great job, both in pattern and colorwar choice.

And yeah, who doesn't like Sublime? Not only does it feel fantastic, the colorways are right on.

Kathleen said...

OK, that's funny that you could see when I was on here. The kidlets attached me before I could comment. Pretty lace beret. I can understand why it would be difficult to give away. Sublime would work for the Jean Beret, BTW ;)

NJStacie said...

Love the hats, though you are reminding me of what a slacker I am in the holiday knitting department.

Carol said...

The beret is awesome!! You need to make one for yourself or keep that one...