Tuesday, December 15, 2009



Two hats ready for the post office, more stash yarn, and one fabric button used up.

I have a few other accessories on the needles, but need to wait before they get their official debut. I also cast on for my own gray lace beret, and honestly I may be more excited about that than about any of the other projects in my world right now.

The rest of today will be spent on some new ideas in my head. I realize I have only TWO sweater quantities of yarn left in my stash. Two. Crazy. Seems I spent the last year or so knitting it down without realizing. No really, I didn't see it happening. I have lots of bags of stray skeins, and maybe enough odd DK tweeds to do an entire fair isle cardigan, but people, there are only two real bags left.

One is the dark purple Jo Sharp I began seed stitching and decided not to, and the other is 11 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. So I figure I'll come up with ideas for them, knit 'em up and completely deserve a trip to Webs in a few.

Sound good?

7 comments:

Patty said...

Love the hats. Looking forward to seeing your next design. Meet ya at Webs. :-)

Liz said...

Well, doesn't Webs have an end of the year sale? And dont' you need to stimulate the ecomony? I think that's a win-win situation.


What is the yarn for the blue hat-I love those colors!

Cyndi said...

Great hats, Thea! Love the addition of the fabric covered button. If you knit fast you could make the Annual End of the Year Sale at WEBS which begins on the 26th of December. ;-) You don't need to sleep, right? I still owe you pictures--the weather didn't provide decent light this past weekend.

The Litter Box House said...

Aw man, I wish I could visit WEBS... Have fun!

Selkie on Ravelry

Thea said...

Liz -- it's Lorna's Laces worsted. Soooo soft.

And oh that sale sounds so tempting, but I don't know if I can get away during the week the kids have off -- I'd be scared to bring them since they both have a keen sense of Knit This For ME.....

Hilary said...

Sounds GREAT! Sounds like some stash enhancement at Webs is well deserved right now!

I had a similar realization recently about my stash. I worked really hard all year to knit it down and now I feel like I have nothing. Odds and ends, sure, but only 3 sweater-quantities for me. Oh wait...4. Oops...forgot another one. 5. Ok, maybe it's not so bad. But I WANT new yarn!

Kym said...

Good for you, Thea! There's nothing quite like clearing the decks! Great hats.