Wednesday, January 13, 2010


I spent a few hours in Everett today with the oh-so-talented Caro of Splityarn, her kitties, and her camera. I went over with the intent of a little visit to hang out and take some shots of the White Russian (really, it's coming soon), but I brought this puppy along for the ride since I never was happy with the photos I had taken in my own backyard.

Yes, it was 20 degrees out, and yes I was cold, but look how much fun we were having! I'm smiling in almost all the photos in which I have a face :-). No small feat when it's freezing and you're without jacket, gloves or hat. Smart gals that we are, we ran inside to warm up as necessary, and some hot coffee also did the trick.

And now, yay! - I have gorgeous photos. Where you can really see the sweater - the Ultra Alpaca is so perfect in a simple texture, and whatever magic Caro used captured it perfectly. I'll need to make her cocktails soon. (C - I'm sure you'll check in and read this, so know I will!)

Here are the shots:
--------

The whole cardigan. I am either a Breck girl or a Farrah wannabee.


The back - and look, I wore Good Jeans for the occasion.
(I got them at the rummage sale back in Oct.)


A little texture detail - the heathered alpaca I love soooo much.


Since the tie isn't attched, we did one with it up top

and one tied below.

One more shot of the neckline, while I look off in the distance...


All these shots are Copyright 2010 splityarn.



Next, I'll play with the White Russian pics!
I might make myself a drink before I do.

and feed my kids.

19 comments:

Batty said...

Fabulous-looking knit, and the jeans & hair are great too. Gotta love a nice pair of jeans. And I've always wanted curly, wavy hair. I guess we always want what we don't have.

caro said...

Oh, you know I'll take you up on those cocktails. (The green came out so well in that light. Love!)

Carol said...

Fabulous photos! She really captured what the cardigan looks like!

Carrie Z. (sillcy) said...

Gorgeous photo shoot! I can't believe you look so smily in this bitter cold, you guys must have had fun!

Amy said...

Fantastic photos! Isn't she a genius? :) (The fact that your sweater is just perfect doesn't hurt, either!)

CelticCastOn said...

awesome pics! I love the colour of that yarn, I've been looking for a fingering weight in that colour for my next project.

Holli said...

Gorgeous photos, Thea! And such a fantastic garment.

shanalines said...

most excellent indeed.

Kathleen said...

You look mahvelous. And I love your hair!

Kathy said...

The sweater looks great and I love the color.

Norma said...

Excellent photo shoot! Caro is wonderful, and you look GREAT.

Patty said...

The sweater is beautiful! So is the hair by the way. I may have to collect that pattern as my win from Carol's contest but I'm waiting for the White Russian pics too. It is one of my favorite cocktails!

amandacathleen said...

I love short lucky even more after seeing it a second time. Its super cute! Love your hair btw.
Feed your kids? Why? ;)

Kym said...

That color is perfect -- and it looks great with your hair. Lovely shots.

yoel said...

Love! It fits perfectly, and the texture is so yummy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hilary said...

What great photos! The sweater looks amazing, you look great (and so happy!), and, girl, your hair is awesome.

Christy said...

I'm knitting this sweater, I like it a lot. The pattern is giving me a seed stitch texture, not looking like the photo at all. What am I doing wrong? From 'Body' Section:Row 1 - *P1, K1, Row 2 - *K1, P1

Christy said...

Wait, I see, I was to repeat row 1 thrice, row 2 thrice etc...