Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Instead of adding the leftover green from the Midori scarf to stash, I took out a few other Cascade leftovers and decided to use them up. Maya said stripes.


So stripes it is. She looks like a skater dude here. Zoe on the other hand, looks Amazed.
Wonder what she was thinking.

In cocktails, we had Grand Marnier last night straight up, on the rocks. Thanks to Grandma, we have two bottles in the cabinet now and those fat bottles take up some valuable real estate. Ours had just the two glasses left in it, so we killed it.

Did you know they made a cheaper version? Yellow Label. That's what Grandma bought. We're trying it next. And if it we can tell the difference, we'll save it for ice cream.

BTW, You might notice a few things getting revised and changed around in my online world. I'm doing a little administrative rehash here, so bear with me. The actual patterns are fine and I''m not revising the instructions or taking anything down for good. If you go to download something that's missing, I'm probably just working on it. Feel free to let me know and I'll get it back up as soon as I can!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

The hat is very cute! I need to knit a few for my kids -- both are hat-less these days!

Kym said...

Nothing more satisfying than a little stashbusting! You're really getting organized. . .

Amy said...

The hat looks awesome!

Chris said...

SUPER cute hat! (And super cute kids!)

Hilary said...

Cute hat!! The mix of colors is perfect. Zoe does look amazed, or like she is eagerly anticipating something. So cute!!

Batty said...

Cute hat!

Back everything up before you reconstruct... it's better that way.

yoel said...

Love the color changes in that hat!

Yellow label grand marnier. Hmmm. Hmmm again. I suggest LOTS of mixers. :)

janna said...

Hee hee.... I had this vision of you guzzling Grand Marnier straight from the bottle, just to get rid of one! ;-)

Norma said...

Excellent hat PLUS stashbusting PLUS a gorgeous (and so tidy) kitchen PLUS Grand Marnier. Can it get any better than this?! :)

P.S. I can't remember if I got sidetracked yesterday when I was trying to catch up on blog-reading. I think I did. But I downloaded and favorited your Midori scarf -- what a perfect Red Scarf pattern it would make!

Paula said...

what type of decrease did you use for the hat. the last few i have made i haven't been crazy about the end result!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

I did a simple K2tog on decrease rows, with knit rows between -- and I started with K6, K2tog, then K4 K2tog, K2 k2tog, K2tog since she wanted it to be a little more poofy (see the "gathers" in the pic) and using only evens as I did also meant the hat didn't have those little decrease stripes since the decs didn't exactly line up.

Hope that helps, Thea

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.