Tuesday, January 26, 2010


My koigu gloves are finally out of their WIP bag, where they've spent the last I Don't Know How many months. In the end, I did manage to knit both thumbs a little webbed and learned a valuable lesson about being too cocky to knit from a pattern. Sometimes I should. But in the meantime, these look just groovy (when I keep my digits together) and gave me a use for some stash buttons, so I'm happy with them and just might wear them later today.

Or not, since it's like 50 degrees out all of the sudden. Maybe I'll have to wait a day or so.

Here's a Star Crossed Beret, out of my NY-purchased Bulky Alpaca. I knit this up yesterday while getting my mojo back after the long weekend. It was rainy and the fire was on, so a hat on #10s seemed about perfect. And I love this yarn. I want to make more things out of it - and soon, because I'll miss this guy in a few days. He's a gift and will leave home later today. I can only pet it for a couple more hours. :-(

Bulky Alpaca. wow. Where has it been all my life?

So, those are two small things that have been nagging at me to get knit, out of the what? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed currently - - a lot of things in the hopper, and while I usually work on one (maybe 2) projects at at time, I've currently got needles dipped into about 7. Some with deadlines, even. Oy. It's all good stuff, and I'm dying to be working on all of it, hence the fact the needles aren't singularly committed, but it's alot to have strewn around the place. So, it definitely feels good to get these guys out there so I can concentrate on some of the other projects again.

like this...

The next big project to leave home. My friend Amy was one of the many testers on White Russian, and she came by this morning to show me her lovely FO -

and to get some buttons :-) she's no fool.


She worked hers up in the Jo Sharp DK Tweed, and decided to add some long sleeves. Her tweed was a mocha color, with flecks of orange and red in it, so she totally dug these red buttons. It fit her just fine and she looked adorable in it, but she was camera shy, therefore, you get lovely table pics instead of modeled shots. I think you still get the idea.

And now I have enough finished test knitters that I will give the pattern one more look tonight and post the puppy tomorrow.

And then get back onto the aforementioned items strewn about the place.

9 comments:

Holli said...

Love your gloves and the continued images of other White Russians.

Happy Knitting!

Chris said...

All of these are gorgeous!! I'm looking for to the White Russian release.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful knits, all of them!! Love the gloves so much.

Carol said...

Love the tweedy version. Shame we can't see it modeled!

Kym said...

Cute, cute gloves! (It's the button that makes 'em!) Can't say enough about the star-crossed beret -- such a great pattern (and so quick to knit, too). And I love the White Russian with long sleeves! Very nice.

NJStacie said...

Gah - I've been a testing slacker, but I just got back to it the other day. I'll get a note to you and some pics tomorrow. It's such a fun knit!

yoel said...

Yummy buttons all-round!

Hilary said...

The hat and gloves are fabulous (as is the White Russian, as usual)! LOVE those buttons on the glove cuffs.

Sarah-Hope said...

Glad the mojo's back!