Monday, February 01, 2010

This is totally the week to multitask.


Craig's out of town for a few days, Zoe's birthday is this weekend, and I went to pick these up this morning. About a thousand boxes of girl scout cookies. Now in my house. I honestly think the boxes are kind of pretty, but I know I have to deal with them in a few hours. For now, this is what my entire downstairs looks like. We grouped them against all the available walls. Later today we'll sort them by cookie type and then divvy them up for each girl so they can be taken away, but for now, I got me some piles.


My knitting projects only extend the theme.

This might be related to the fact that Craig's gone and won't care that the dining room table is full of yarn and books and stuff, but I'm thinking my projects are pretty happy all thrown together in a lump. Or a pile. I keep taking different things out and working on them as the inspiration hits, so the order might change, but the general disarray stays. Since Sat.

In my head, it all makes sense. Am working first on the orange, second, the green in the bag (hidden from your view...) then the purple, then maybe on the hat that came out of the first two, and the sweater can remain below for now. The sweater isn't going anywhere till fall. The rest might have actual uses in a few weeks.

And those smaller things won't take as long, so I get them of the way first, right?

But maybe the REAL reason the yarn is in a giant pile is that I spent yesterday out with a friend at our favorite thrift shop, and today I kind of did the same thing with my sister. Instead of organizing any of the projects above. We picked up the cookies, dumped them in the house and then we got right back into the car - since she needed help with her stuff for the consignment shop and Goodwill at Davis Square.

What's that saying - you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours? She helped carry my shit and then I helped carry hers. Perfect. And we followed that up with some Tacos Lupitas.

None of this has helped with the piles, (nor does this current act of blogging in my remaining half hour of quiet) but it did add to my vintage cocktail collection. And I always love when that happens -- Silver Polka Dot Highballs. Aren't they awesome?


And that odd one has a script "M".
For Maya. $1.49 worth of happiness right there.

-------------

10 comments:

Holli said...

OMG - girl scout cookies = danger for my butt/thighs! Your photo alone made me gain 2.5 pounds.

YOU are a good mom (and likely have a helluva lot more self control than I do)!

knitterbeader said...

can relate to the GS cookies - being a former cookie chairman. That's a good thing - your volunteering for this humongous job! Love the glasses!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

The picture of the gazillion girl scout cookies brought me face to face with some PTSD issues I have regarding my girl scout days and selling cookies (I hated door to door) :)....

Kym said...

Never did the Girl Scout thing, but I have eaten my share of the cookies! Love the silver highball glasses. I think my parents used to have some just like that!

Chris said...

That is a whole lot of cookies! I can totally relate to the pile of knitting on the diningroom table. Love those glasses!

Christopher said...

Invite me and Stephanie over for drinks while your man's away and we will buy a whole case of cookies from those wonderful daughters of yours! For realsies...

Carol said...

I may need to drive over asap for my cookies! And to see all that yarn in person...

Jean E. said...

Awesome pile of boxes!! Something else I did not have to do since I have three sons. I have purchased a few from my friends over the years, though.

Hilary said...

Mmm...the boxes of Girl Scout cookies look pretty AND delicious. Thin Mints...mmmm....

Patty said...

Yeow - that would be hard to resist. Love the glasses too! I've gotta get some Salvation Army mojo - there is a huge one in town here.