Monday, February 22, 2010

First, I crossed the finish line and brought in some silver (read down for that).

Then we drank the glogg (photographed above).

For those of you who don't know what glogg is, follow that little link. Our backyard neighbor and buddy, Lisa, makes a mean batch of glogg every year (one of the many reasons we love her) . She messes with the recipe from time to time but it's always a cinnamonny - spicy mulled wine concoction. Gifted in a cool bottle at the back door sometime around the holidays. It's a cocktail I won't try to make, since I get delivery, but I've linked to the recipe for all of you. It's really good, and perfect celebratory drink for say... finishing the third version of a cardigan.

Next, I'm hoping you aren't bored to tears by this third chapter in my Calvados story. I promise this is the last one for a while. I'm already working on the pattern and will maintain radio silence on the topic after today, while it's written and tested.

So here it is. The yarn color is pretty true in the photos, and the drapier aran tweed with a bit of silk in it was the perfect call. And look! It seems I've finally learned to take a good button shot. Turns out my camera has a little zoom-y focus-y option. Who knew?

These textured gray babies came from the tin at school that I was allowed to dig into a while back. I was allowed a second shot at it the week before vacation and found enough to make a whole set.

Thank you, Mrs T. :-)

I made a few more changes as I went into the final turns. I messed with the shaping to give it a more of an A line. I also lowered the neckline a bit in front, and feel it made the collar a little more comfortable and a little more flattering, since you get a little more space under the chin.

Finally, I added this little baby onto the back.

I like that little guy. And it allowed me to play with a few more buttons.

So, there we have it. I'm happy to say I won't need to knit it a 4th time!

In other news, I went back into some of my old patterns (Cabled, Woven, Alene's Wrap) and gave them a read through for the first time in a few years. I made a few revisions and updates and have reposted new and improved versions. Although there weren't mistakes in the directions, they definitely needed a little attention. Now they are better organized and easier to follow, and they look a little prettier too. I'm a little embarrassed that I'd left them out there so long as they were. ahem. sorry about that.


Anyways, I did a little exercise this AM and went directly online. (you know how that goes?) Must get moving towards the shower immediately, as I'm offending myself.


QuiltedSimple said...

It's lovely. And i love the back. I'm glad it looks like a quick knit....

Chris said...

I.LOVE.this.sweater.Love it.:)

Amy said...


Kathy said...

That's SO cute, Thea!!

Hilary said...

I am LOVING the cabled patch on the back. LOVING! The buttons are just perfect, too.

My Swedish colleague and I always talk about bringing glogg to the office around the holidays, but have never gotten around to it. Actually, he's the one who has to bring it since I have never made it, nor even tasted it (the heavily Swedish side of my family are all teetotalers...too bad for them!). Maybe next year...or maybe next weekend?

Kathleen said...

Love the new back detail!

Kym said...

Oh, I know all about glogg. . . :-)

The sweater looks wonderful. Can't wait!

janna said...

I love the little cable on the back!

yoel said...

Ooh, the buttons are delightful. I like this version the best--the cabled bands seem less bulky and the shape of the whole thing is more streamlines.

BTW if you insert glogg between the exercise and the internet activities, that is a good time! :)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

OOOhhhhh, I love the back!

Laurie said...

That's looking very good. I like the back detail a lot.