Tuesday, March 23, 2010


A ginormous box of shoes delivered to my door. Totally fun.


It's the free shipping and returns that got us to finally order online, because we could NOT find shoes for Maya in the real world. Too slutty, too blingy, too ugly, too flimsy, too Disney....

Too beady, too bumpy, too leafy, too lumpy...anyone remember that??

Anyways, instead of giving up the remainder of our spring, we decided to spend a ridiculous amount of money and clicked on thousands of shoes we'll return. For free. There's gotta be one keeper somewhere in the box for her.

There was for me...

Now I can cancel my order for the J. Crew ones that cost 3x more and look kinda the same.

I apologize for the radio silence around here - we spent a gorgeous Saturday at the beach and I spent Sunday with my knitterly friends, where not a lot of actual knitting happened.


Now back at home, the pattern writing is in full swing. I've written up the v cardigan - above - in both a long and short length and am getting ready for the test knitting to begin. I'm going to be joining the test knitters this time, working a long length version - so we'll see if I can decipher my own pattern and charts. ha.


And, of course, I'm still figuring out a good vanilla vodka recipe. That's almost done, since the priorities are pretty crystal clear around here. I'll share it tomorrow after I have pics!




9 comments:

Holli said...

Oooo - I really like your new shoes, and didn't know about Zappos free shipping/free returns policy. I think I know where I'll be spending my afternoon.

Kym said...

I love Zappos! They're also. . .lightening quick! I usually get my order the very next day. Love.

Mini said...

I love zappos. :) We have vanilla vodka and make the following:
adult vanilla cokes: vanilla vodka + diet coke + 1/4 tsp vanilla syrup.

cream soda: vanilla vodka, soda water

:)

Kathy said...

I am a BIG Zappos fan!

Hilary said...

Oh how I love Zappos and their free returns. I LOVE your new shoes! Is there a wedge under there? So cute.

Kristen said...

I still can't get over that you can actually write a pattern. And it is looking good!

Kristen said...

Loverly! I can't wait to see the pattern for the new cardi.

Annette said...

Love the shoes, would it be possible to give us the style?

Anonymous said...

Annette -- they are Gabriella Rocha and were on Zappos for $65. I'm sure you can find 'em.

BUT, after wearing them for a bit, I realized they were super cheap and am planning a return. The buckle was already making the leather fray at the strap!

I'd have kept them for around $25, but not for $65. Now I've ordered a pair of Korkease ones. Google those...... but they ain't cheap either!