Monday, May 03, 2010


This one's all about options! Not that I planned it that way, but after knitting this summery version, I realized I definitely needed to make another that could be worn after the weather cools back down.


And so I did.

And now you can knit the cardigan to suit your exact needs. Summer or fall, cropped or not, long or short sleeved. Cotton or merino. All about the options.

I played a little with the shapes between the two as well. The cropped one falls nice and straight down from the bustline, but I made my longer one more fitted by nipping in for some waist shaping down the body.


All the specs are on Ravelry - as well as more photos, but I'll include a few details for you here as well in case you're wondering about them...

Sizes: X Small 32/24 - XLarge 40/42. (And yes, larger sizes are coming)

Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton 4-6 skeins (600-900 yds) or Debbie Bliss Rialto DK 7-9 skeins (700-1050 yds)

Gauge: 5 sts, 7 rows = 1" on 6s.


I think the back is my favorite part. Can't wait to see what you guys do with this one!


And - of course, I owe you the drink. This one's GOOOOOOD.


Cherry Vanilla

2 oz vanilla vodka
4 oz black cherry soda
1 oz cointreau
club soda
ice cubes and (of course) a cherry.

Enjoy!

(And those photos? Copyright 2010 Splityarn! The amazing Caro)

11 comments:

Turtle said...

wonderful and fresh!

Sunnyknitter said...

Want! Another winner for my queue!

Laurie said...

Of course, a cherry vanilla treat! I like the options....I'm a longer sleeve person, and like the merino part for tired and cranky hands.

janna said...

Cute! And I need to get me some of that vanilla vodka....

Amy said...

It's gorgeous gorgeous! (And the drink looks tasty, too. :)

Kathleen said...

So pretty! Love the pink.

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, I love it. It kind of makes me hungry/thirsty, too. The way you've done the sleeve on the longer-sleeved version is so cool! It's slouchy and comfy-looking and flattering at the same time (I've tried to do that before and failed big time). Awesome design!!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh, yeah. I like the back, too!! And mmmm, that sounds good.

Carol said...

I'm not sure which I like more - the pattern or the drink!

Bells said...

ooh look! The details! It's stunning! Lovely! Come spring, this is so on my list!

Cynthia in NC said...

A beautiful sweater! I am so glad that you will have larger sizes. I will be waiting so I can then order. I really like your designs and enjoy your blog.