Sunday, May 09, 2010


Happy Mother's Day!


It's been a great weekend - kicked off by this, which totally made my day (my weekend? my week? All of the above) I've been following her blog forever, and was sooo flattered to be a little feature in her world!

Then yesterday, I took my Mom to New Hampshire Sheep and Wool in the pouring rain. We brought boots and umbrellas and had a blast. (I left the burbon at home this time, Carol, but promise to bring it to Rhinebeck again.) Although the animals looked a little wet and dreary, the yarn vendors were snug and happy in the buildings, and even the line at the lamb burgers was short! A bonus for the brave wet souls who ventured out.

It was my Mom's first fiber festival and I don't think she'll ever buy yarn in a store again. (remember your first time??) She was totally wowed by the fab fibers and sniffed out the bargains like a pro. We were on a quest to find yarn for two of these hoodies (the kid on the skateboard) which, she's planned for my nephews. After much yarn debate and squeezing and discussion, we found amazing stuff from Bartlett Farms to fit the bill.

For her present, I made her a few more of those stitch markers (don't tell Maya!).

I also gave her my original Golden Vintage Cardigan. She was so happy wearing it at the festival, I figured she needed to own it! Besides, I can always make another.

Now off for a family hike - since it's not raining anymore.


At Home Mommy Knits said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Chris said...

What a fabulous weekend! I'm so envious on 2 counts - I've yet to go to a fiber fest (I'm in Canada. We don't have those) and my Mom doesn't knit but it would be so cool if she did. Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mother's Day was happy! Great choice of gift knits -- I love my Golden Vintage Cardigan.

Hilary said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I am so jealous of you East Coasters and your fiber festivals. I can't seem to find any of those around here (and you'd think there'd be *something* in the Valley).

Oh, and I was so thrilled to see you featured on Indie Designer Day! Well done!

Turtle said...

lol at the ironing board!

Kristen said...

Your gift is so funny. Your family has a good sense of humor!