Friday, June 25, 2010

to knitting with aran weight yarn on the beach is to work your sweater in pieces. Then nothing's too big on the lap. Also helps if you're beginning a front on a cardigan, so it's small and narrow! I spent a few hours with the left front here (and chatting) in the sun and sand, and then retired to this grassy shady section for a bit. It was pretty perfect - and I'm almost to the armholes.

If only I had a cold, frosty beer with me.

The other night we had an end of school party in the same location and I brought something hugely yummy to share. It's based on a drink called a greyhound, and it's an amazing summer beach option. I put it in a big pitcher thingy, so forgive the amounts here.

One gallon container of Simply Grapefruit juice.
8 oz vodka (1 oz per person)
a few glugs of triple sec
sliced and squeezed 3 limes.

I shared with the other parents and they all agreed it was a keeper.

Summer's officially begun!


Hilary said...

Mmmm...delicious *and* nutritious! I like my vodka with lots of vitamin C, so this one is right up my alley. :)

Your knitting spot looks wonderful!

Kathleen said...

That sounds pretty good! And I agree that sometimes sweaters in pieces are the only way to go (especially when it's hot!). I'm holding off on some worsted/aran weight ideas until fall :)

Norma said...

That drink would definitely be a keeper. I like citrusy, and I love grapefruit. Mmm.

Batty said...

I don't know, the only way I'd touch worsted weight yarn right now would be with my feet in a tub of ice water.

Kristen said...

A picnic with grapefruit juice, vodka, knitting and a lake...bliss.

I have enjoyed all your knitting designs lately, you have been busy!

diana said...

Excellent haul. Love the new orange chairs!