Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Maybe not so different, but a variation on the theme around here. Tonight we'll be bottling our first batch of beer! We made it a couple of weeks ago and have been watching the stuff bloop away in a big 5 gallon jug ever since -- which has been kind of fun for the whole family.

Today it's done, and by tomorrow it'll be fun for only Craig and I. Am thinking it's the perfect way to start off summer - with a batch of homemade cold ones.


To start your cocktail-y summer (or winter if you're on the other side of the globe) off right, I announced a little contest on Ravelry this week.

Recently there has been a batch of great new photos of your projects popping up, and I you know how really really love seeing your pictures! (These links are some of the most recent ones.)
In progress or finished, it's fun to see them evolve. But I know so many of us don't actually get around to posting the shots, and a lot of them get up but don't get linked to the Babycocktails group, so I thought maybe I could encourage more of you to make my day with a little carrot.

Let's give a week extra too, shall we? Post and link your project shots to the Babycocktails group page on Ravelry (just see the share bar on the side of the detail page). Any of my patterns, whether it's new or you knit it a while ago. Just slap it up there!

On July 12, I'll have a panel of 4 - two knitters, two non-knitters, none of them me - pick their 4 faves. And each of you will get a cocktail package of fun stuff to play with at home.

See? win, win. I get new pics to look at and you get a few drinks!


At Home Mommy Knits said...

Good luck with your brew! We used to do a big pasta feed and brew beer in October with friends, just in time for the holidays. So fun. Now that my kids are a bit bigger we are planning on resurrecting that tradition.

Hilary said...

Oh, very cool! My brother just started brewing his own beer and, I have to say, it's pretty darn tasty. I'm excited to hear what you think of your first batch.

Kym said...

Can't wait to hear about your brew! Tom used to brew his own beer . . . with mixed results. Some years it was great, and some years. . . not so much. What fun, though! :-)

Carol said...

That tweedy White Russian is divine!

Dani said...

Awesome contest! Thanks for the link Thea - I wish it wasn't so darned hot here so I could wear my White Russian.

Going to link to the group now!

sophanne said...

Re Joana blog- vandelay! What a great comment!