Tuesday, June 15, 2010


to being done with this! Moody and Broody and Gray. All I have is a half sleeve left, and then I'll be ready to spend next week writing it up. I need to get moving, since school's out next Wednesday and after that, I'll be hard pressed to find chunks of time when the house is quiet and I can get into the writing and the math end of things.

----
Work, shmerk though. There's lots of time before fall! Summer's just about here, and I have a way summery item on the menu for you. Craig brought this home for me last week - an unexpected and welcome purchase, yes? Points for the boy.


Pink grapefruit vodka - not exactly the manliest booze to pick off the shelf, but hey, I shouldn't mock those who bring me gifts, no matter how open they leave themselves.

In this glass was a basic gin and tonic - grapefruit vodka and lime juice.

However, even better was a grapefruit vodka and sprite with lime and crushed up mint leaves.

-----------------

Before I get back to my sleeve, I'll leave you with a shot of my new yarn, which just arrived in the mail. I now have 1300 yards of this in the wings. It's deep purple, it has cashmere in it, and it's from The Plucky Knitter again. Mmmmm. Are you sensing a theme?

(I promise two of my fall designs are not in Plucky, but it really is great stuff!)



It's almost the same shade of purple as my front door and my kitchen cabinets, which I love. The girls have pointed out that if I make a sweater of this and stand still in either of those spots, I'll be perfectly camouflaged - like the grandmaflage socks.

I'm not so sure about that, but will give it a try when I'm done. Which won't be for a while.

13 comments:

cbknits80 said...

She is my favorite!! Anything the plucky knitter dyes I want, can't wait to see the sweater!

Hilary said...

I LOVE that shade of purple...I'm working on something in Malabrigo sock in a very similar color and keep oohing and aahing over it. But alas, I do not have matching front door and cabinets (wish I did, though!!). You'll have to take some photos to show us how camouflaged you are!

Kym said...

Lovely stuff! The yarn and the grapefruit vodka! Winning combination, I'm sure.

Carol said...

The new design is looking very squooshy - perfect for Boston winters.

Patty said...

That vodka looks delightful!

Wendy said...

i think the name of it should definitely be Moody Broody - very catchy!

Finish up and have a cocktail - can't wait to see the finished old grey guy.

Joan said...

The grapefruit vodka reminds me of my favorite cocktail back in my youth-- the Salty Dog... vodka with grapefruit juice in a salt-rimmed glass. Mmm- all that and Vitamine C too!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Your cocktail looks delicious! I am going to head out today and see if I can pick up some grapefruit vodka.

Your post about the ipod was hilarious. I got one for my birthday last year and love it (especially when running).

Turtle said...

lol, luv the purple! mmmm, grapefruit!

i am now looking for the perfect pattern for the sweater that you can always just throw on, run to the store, hang in your pj's with, etc....

Vicki Knitorious said...

Mmmm, gorgeous color!

The pink grapefruit vodka sounds refreshing!! I may be in need of refreshment soon. ; )

Andi said...

It takes a true man to buy pink grapefruit vodka! Cheers to the man. I will be picking up some this weekend.
Drooling over that beautiful heap of purple. :)

Kathleen said...

Grapefruit vodka and sprite sound like an alcoholic Fresca!

Becky said...

Ahhh...you can't go wrong with Plucky yarn. It's my favorite. Can't wait for this design to come out. :)