Tuesday, June 08, 2010


How about these? Some big ass skeins of what looks to be Silky Wool in a deep purpley blue and someone's Rowan Denim bag kit. $4. Woo Hoo!

However, I earned my little bargain in sweat equity over the weekend. We're having a big budget crisis in our town and there's a drive to raise $1 million to save all the programs and teachers we'll lose due to the budget gap. There are all kinds of things going on to make the cash, and one of my good friends had the big idea to put an email out to the the town saying she'd be happy to yard sale anything anyone wanted to drop off in her yard before June 5.

You cannot imagine what was dropped off in her yard. She caught the moron who tried to leave a washer and dryer on the lawn and turned them away. But others got through the security net. We were, at times: horrified, amused and amazed. She is a saint.

Anyways, I didn't get much knitting done over the weekend, as we were sifting through the piles on Thursday and Friday nights till late, and the sale was Saturday morning.

I also went home with a glow in the dark Ouija board, a set of backyard chairs and a new batch of vintage cocktail glasses. You'll see those later.

But now it's over, $3,000 was raised, and I am back in my little office here with Grandpa's cardigan. Will have something to show before the week is out! Depending on how much I get to show, that is.....




9 comments:

Kym said...

A glow-in-the-dark Ouija board! Ohhhhh! What a find! :-)

Turtle said...

dang! some great deals!!

Wendy said...

Glow in the dark Quija - awesome! Have a few cocktails and take that baby out for a spin!

Kathy said...

There's great stuff at your local yard sales!

Bells said...

I love silky wool! Nice find!

People are stupid sometimes, huh? Stating the obvious really.....

Carol said...

Your city is inspiring. Everyone here would just moan and complain. I love that people are actually trying and doing things over there. Maybe I should move?

Laurie said...

I am just laughing at the human race. She IS a saint. Several times over.

Jody said...

Great score with the Silky Wool! I love the saturated colors she has in that yarn.

Looking forward to the new set of vintage cocktail glasses!

Lolly said...

a glow in the dark ouija board!
Mixing that with cocktails could be dangerous! :)