Saturday, June 19, 2010

This was from last weeks' 5th grade graduation. Throwing their rose petals in the air. Afterwards, they were all bitter because they couldn't play "loves me, loves me not" like the girls who didn't throw their petals up in the air.

When I was young, we did the watermelon seeds. You name each one, put them on your forehead and whoever falls off last is your future boyfriend. You do look a little goofy with the black dots on your forehead, but I say it's time tested and true. Maya won't do it.

Instead, we have that glow in the dark Ouija board, which has the same fortune telling abilities and has been getting lots of use in the yard. Apparently we have 3 ghosts.

As long as they aren't moths, I'm good with them.


Because they might get into this, and then I'd be pissed.

I have finally, finally, finally begun re-doing and writing up the brown wrap cardigan from last Fall. I think I'm going to love it in tweed, but I'm a little unsure I've picked the right yarn for June beach knitting. Rowan Aran Tweed. At least this one is worked in pieces, so it won't all be on my lap at once! Today's our first beach day, and it's coming along with me, so we'll see how it goes.

But first, I need to find a babysitter or pawn my kids off for the night. Off to make calls.


Chris said...

Grade 5 grad! Wow! My son's finishing grade 4 this year, but nothing's being done to officially celebrate. I'll have to dig up something. I am so looking forward to that sweater!!Gorgeous.

Hilary said...

Congrats to Maya on her graduation! The watermelon seed thing cracked me friends and I used to twist off the stem of an apple, going through the alphabet a letter at a time with each twist. Whichever letter you were on when the stem came off was the first letter of the name of the boy you were going to marry. Now that I think about it, that is SO why I didn't end up with my high school boyfriend (Zack).

I still do it sometimes, just to make sure. Luckily, my husband's real first name starts with an E, and it's easy to give an extra hard 5th twist. :)

Loving that tweed...yum. I think that, knit in pieces, it'll be great for the beach.

Kathleen said...

That tweed looks so great, and those cables really pop. Summer is definitely not the time to design a big Lopi sweater :) Enjoy the beach!