Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Despite a ridiculous lack of effort on my part this week, my cardigan continues to grow. This surprises me as I have barely sat down to work on it, but here I am separating for arms, and having to use Maya's bright blue lanyard strings to hold the live stitches as I left my notions kit back in Boston. Lucky for me she's crafty.


The drink is rum and ginger ale, cut with a little soda water. I added sliced lime and orange, and it was kind of perfect. We spent most the day in the water and on the sand, so the half hour here on the porch, at an actual table, with my drink and project were kind of awesome.

Since it's Cape Cod, there has also been mini golf. How cool are Maya's new shades? They're from one of the giant Cape crap stores with floaty animals tacked to the roof. You can't even imagine how much she digs them.


And, in addition to the swimming and golfing, we've also been boating. This little craft came with the house and Zoe is navigating the tidal river that appears every afternoon under our dune area. It's a challenge.


When I get in the raft, my butt scrapes the bottom for much of the trip and I have to use the paddles to unbeach my ass, so I can only float in this thing when the water reaches the deep tide point.

It gets a little embarrassing, so I opted for photography instead.






7 comments:

Hilary said...

Well done with the cardi progress! Don't you love when that happens? Most of the time I feel like it's the opposite...after hours of knitting, my project actually shrinks. But sometimes it feels like it's knitting itself when you're not looking.

Your vacation sounds wonderful! LOVE Maya's shades and your description of the rafting made me laugh!

Turtle said...

i'm sorry but your last paragraph cracks me up, maybe cause i can too relate!

Carol said...

Looks so idyllic that I almost want to go to the beach.

Kathleen said...

What a great vacation! And I'm digging deep seed stitch borders, too.

Laurie said...

Gotta laugh at that one, unbeaching yourself with the paddles. THAT is what a Cape vacation is for.

Kym said...

It's always best to turn to photography when our asses are dragging! :-) Looks like you're having a wonderful vacation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.