Friday, September 17, 2010

I wanted to post pics today of these gorgeous brown and gray tweeds I found yesterday when I went down to Milton to scout out Snow Goose yarns, but the rain is falling and the light is crappy and all I'm getting is lame, colorless blob photos, so that'll have to wait. In the meantime, the swatches will grow, so maybe the pictures will end up that much more interesting in the end?

More importantly, anyways, is the reason I drove down to Milton yesterday.

We're doing a Cocktail Trunk Show there next Saturday Sept 25, at 4pm!

I'm going to bring over a bunch of my knits (published and upcoming), print out a few patterns, and talk a bit. And the Snow Goose gals are going to make a few of the drinks that go with my patterns! I've never done this before, but I'm thinking it sounds like a fun way to wind down a Saturday afternoon.

The shop is great - off my beaten path, so I'd never been before. It's a cozy spot upstairs in the Milton Marketplace. Absolutely packed with great yarns, with a great pattern and magazine selection to boot. I came out of there with a beautiful Rowan colorway I'd never seen before, and a hank of Harrisville Designs Tweed, which I'd never actually seen in person, but have heard about for ages. It's good stuff. (I'll share when the weather allows.)

Anyways, I would love to meet some of you in person, and of course I'm always a sucker for a chance to share cocktail, so maybe if anyone's free, you'd want to stop by?

Directions are here. It's easy to find - right off 93 South, just a little below the city.



12 comments:

Kathryn said...

That's SO fun, Thea!!

Tante J said...

Good luck! I hope it's a terrific success!

Renee said...

Cocktail Trunk Show - that's wonderful, congrats!
Be there is I lived closer. :) I'll toast you at 4pm on Sat.

Kym said...

What fun! Wish I lived close enough to stop over. . . . Have a great time!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Oooh, that sounds fun!! Cocktails after the Cocktail Trunk Show??
; )

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I'm on the wrong side of the country or I would totally be there! ;)

janna said...

That sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately, not only do I live halfway across the country, but I'll be at a conference that day (knitting in hand, of course!)

Zonda said...

Awesome for you...of course I'll be up that way this week...fingers crossed maybe up there permanently!

Debi1 said...

What a great idea! I wish I could come, I would definitely be there but we have a friend visiting from out of town this weekend and that would be kind of rude!!! I hope it's a success and you do it again!

Hilary said...

How fun!! I love the whole cocktail party aspect to it...sounds like an awesome event. I wish I were closer...I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Anonymous said...

This is very fine web site, thank you and look at that [url=http;//ciufcia.pl]gry dla dzieci[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions