Thursday, September 02, 2010


Are the fat fashion magazines at Walgreens!

I was at the store yesterday getting some necessary back to school items for me - (a box of hair dye for those roots and some deep conditioner for the beachy ends.) The mags are good. And the perfect diversion on a 95 degree day you aren't going to make it to the beach again. I got home around 3 from about a thousand errands, turned on the AC, got a delivery from the wine fairy (Thanks Roy!) and poured myself a glass.

A few things from the mags are worth mentioning. I'm loving these notched collars.


I'm also strangely drawn to the clog boots. Any thoughts on those? I love the tall boots they're wearing in every other photo, but I'm too short to wear them. Already owning the Fryes, and not wanting big heels since I walk everwhere, I don't have a lot of other options. Unless you guys know of some? Mid calf, with a mid heel, not slutty. Not cowboy. Am torn on biker, since the Fryes are pretty close in look and I have those. Discuss. Suggestions are welcome!

While I ponder the boots, I'm playing with this new stitch pattern. The green is a quilt square for a friend, and the white is Festival Alpaca I have from NHS&W. My rule is that I have to use my old festival wool before the next one, so this has to be knit up before Rhinebeck!



Maybe it'll get a notched collar? I'm thinking however, of one of those flowy cardigans with the drapey front. Alpaca drapes so nicely and this stuff is so soft! Not sure that's notched collar material. That collar lends itself to a more tailored look -- at least that's what I think.


And for those of you wondering what's coming before October, the Moody Broody Gray Club design is almost ready. Am guessing within the next week or two!



13 comments:

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I didn't expect to like clog boots, but those are really cool. And since they're UGGs, I'm sure they're warm and comfortable.

Carol said...

Not a huge fan of the clog boot but mainly because I find those stiff wooden soles to be miserable to walk in. And they echo down most hallways. But the look itself is plain but ok - not amazing though.

So is that more smocking??

Turtle said...

i used to glance through them (we somehow got on free subscription lists there) but i have been lucky enough to not have the urge to buy them. Now a good craft magazine, eco home......

NJStacie said...

Holy crap can you believe Rhinebeck is so soon? I like the notched collars too :)

theotherSarah said...

Clog boots? Only if you promise to never, ever fold them down! Love the notched collars, but no, not for alpaca. Notched needs stiff not floppy. ahem.

Anonymous said...

The Other Sarah,

I promise.

and I agree on the alpaca. Notched needs structure, not floppy soft stuff.

janna said...

I love the clog boots! Since I move to Iowa, winter has been all about utilitarian footwear. Those might be bridge gap between warm and cute...

Patty said...

I'm with Sarah - up only! And the notch collar is quite nice. Such attractive collar bones we would have!

Wendy said...

Great, now I'm contemplating the boots - enabler!

Thank goodness, though, I don't have your fiber festival rule - I'd never get to buy anything.

Kym said...

One of my greatest secrets is my undying love for Fashion. With a capital F. (But you really would never guess by looking at my closet. . .) I ADORE the fat fall fashion mags. I ADORE the notched collar. I ADORE the clog boots. I'm really too old for this. . .

reluctantMANGO said...

First, the clog boots. LOVE them. But only buttoned up. Please keep the shearling to yourself ;) I wear clogs almost exclusively, so I'm an easy sell.

Second, LOVE the Dark and Stormy sweater. Naming it after my favorite drink makes it especially delicious!

Third, RHINEBECK!!! I'm going for the first time this year, so hopefully I'll be able to say hello in person! Or at least high-five you over a big table full of wool.

Hilary said...

Ugh, I am *so* behind on my blogs this week! I absolutely love the big ol' September issue magazines. My family always takes the same vacation to Pismo Beach at the end of summer, and we ladies devour all those mags. More recently, they've been providing a lot of knitwear inspiration! I love the photos you showed...can't wait to see what else is in there!

Verbruggehvvy said...

Unemployed Personal Loans Extremely Popular Loans Among Jobless Lastly in the 100K jobs you need to stay updated and sharp all around the year. This is the only way to ensure that you will remain focused no matter what happens. You need to remain updated about all the developments taking place in your niche market. You need to check out all the avenues like that of the social networking tools and the different online sites to stay on top of your game. Education I hope the tips provided here will help you in writing a job winning freelance editor resume.