Friday, October 29, 2010

I don't know why this seems spooky and Halloween-y to me, but it does. Maybe it's the weird combination. And tequila's just scary. Or the Amaretto, which is a very goth or vampirey liquor to me. It's a strangely fancy and old fashioned ingredient. Could be the musketeer on the label, but that's how I feel about it. A baroque spirit, maybe?


Absinthe would seem even more appropriate, but I don't have any of that around here.

So anyways, here's a tasty and weird Halloween-y cocktail for you.

and it's super easy.

1.5 oz amaretto
1.5 oz tequila
toss in a maraschino cherry
add a few ice cubes

I've added vampire teeth shaped ice cubes, because we have them.
And they come in a coffin shaped ice cube tray. Very spooky.



For those of you liking my Halloween theme, I'll also point out the blood red yarn in the photo. I'm finally getting somewhere on my Plucky Capelet, and hope to have it done in a week or so. And the yarn is this gorgeous, deep, deep, deeeeeep red. I'm gonna say bloody for now. (Near the holidays, I'll switch to cranberry, another good drink ingredient...)

Very appropriate for any holiday! Anyways, Happy Halloween :-)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

The drink sounds great right this very moment...exhaustion from school parties! I love the red yarn--may I ask what it is???Just can't wait for the review! Happy Halloween!

Kym said...

Wonderful blood red shade! Tequila gives me the willies. . . perfect for this time of year, but. . . I think I'll pass anyway! Have a wonderful day.

Turtle said...

does sound like an odd combo. Ooooh, must go have some absynth today, got a 3/4 full bottle in the bar!

Seanna Lea said...

I'm not sure I could drink tequila outside of a margarita. My dad always said the worm was the best part!

Hilary said...

It sounds halloweeny to me, too. The maraschino cherry is a perfect addition...like a droplet of blood, muahahahaha! The vampire teeth cracked me up. :)

Hope you had a fun Halloween, and....GO GIANTS!!