Wednesday, November 10, 2010


That I finally put the cranberry cape to bed. Done, edged and bound off after about 10 different alternate edgings bit the big one. However, sometimes it's worth waiting for Mr. Right. This twisted rib did the trick - different enough from the other ribbings, but similar enough to meld right in. I'll spend the next few days writing, there will be a little testing, and you'll see it again around the Holidays.

Also in the spirit of finishing things, that's my Aestlight up there. You might not recognize it as it's missing the beautiful knitted edging Gudrun intended, but this poor little WIP has spent almost a year in the cabinet and I've come to terms with the amount of time I currently have to work on other knits. After binding off the cape, I figured a quick finish would mean that the poor scarf could be worn right away (and it is, right now). So although it's not done as it should be, it still has the gorgeous lace insert, and I do love it.

Behind the knits up there, you might also notice my new vintage cocktail book. This one's hilarious, and I was introduced to it while picking Zoe up from a playdate. (How much do I love my little community?) It's the Esquire Cocktail Book, a perfect 1950s guide to everything drinky. History, entertaining tips, amazing illustrations and recipes.


See?






8 comments:

Seanna Lea said...

That is really funny. The only way to make it look more modern is to make the guy look more frat-ty.

Glenna said...

Love the book! The twelve o'clock high is so 'Mad Men'!

Chris said...

Oooo! I'm looking forward to seeing the cape! Great book! I think my grandparents had several like that, too. They threw a lot of parties!

janna said...

I need to start collecting things like this, or your mid-century glassware, for my sister. She and her husband just bought a great 1950s house with the original hardwood floors and built-ins everywhere. She got new living room furniture and it really playing up the mid-centuriness - I should help!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What a great cocktail book. I have a similar cocktail book that was my grandparents and I love referring to it. You have great friends ;)

williston66 said...

The shawl looks great! Better to be worn and done than languishing.
Must sue that book for using my photo from a party without permission...
Carol (I'm using a different login now)

Kym said...

OMG! I love the little graphic man! He's really swingin'!!!!

Hilary said...

Oh my...I can't wait to see more of that cape! Capes are SO in these days, and that red just screams December. Love the Aestlight...I did mine without the edging, too (twice!).