Monday, December 20, 2010

Instead of wine charms, these are cute little sucky people that you stick ON the glass!


I was powerless against them.

Maybe it was the fact that I was At The Mall on the Sunday before Christmas with nothing to buy and I really did feel that I had to need something, right?

I was only there since Maya and her buddy wanted to go, and I figured it wouldn't be at all annoying to be in the crowded shops if I didn't actually have to get anything done. I wasn't interested in the football game at home, and Zoe was busy, so I took a gamble. I looked at sweaters, checked out boots, kind of earmarked a few jackets I might want when they're trying to give them away in a month, and spent over an hour in Sur La Table. Where they even made me a little cappucino with shaved chocolate on top, under the premise that I just might be in the market for a $600 coffee maker. I looooooove Sur La Table.

Hence the little wine guys. I may have bought a few packages.

Then I came home, and in the mood for some instant gratification, took out those dusty #13s.

The #13s are pretty awesome too. This might be done by tonight!

12 comments:

KatJobson said...

Is that the infinity scarf that was on Pickles? I've made one and am making two more before Christmas I hope. What yarn is that?

Seanna Lea said...

Those are awesome.

I have the little glass charms that hook over the top of the glass. I pulled them out for our party this weekend: little colorful squids and monkeys. It really does show exactly what kind of people my husband and I are.

Thea said...

Seanna Lea,

I would never have been able to leave squids and monkeys in the store either! Fun kind of people, I'm thinking...

Turtle said...

lol at the sucky guys! Had seen them before and wondered if they really sucked on a glass with condensation. Liking the instant grat!

Cinti Canon Susan said...

LUV the sucky guys! Wish I'd bought some for gifts. Which football game?
I'm a new hooked-on-your-site groupie so didn't know. I'm in Ohio so I have to find a new team to follow for the rest of this season. Any girl that knits and appreciates alcohol, will probably have a fun football team.

Hope it wasn't GB - they should have won!!!!

Zonda said...

Hehe..those look cool on a wine glass. That Sur la Table store is hard to walk out without anything ;) Oh how I wish I could get some of the ovenware....

Miriam said...

Love the little sucky people. Wish there was a Sur la Table nearby. Also love the instant gratification.

janna said...

Those sucky little people are such a great idea - not every drink is served in stemware!

Liz said...

Love those little sucky people, I'll have to find some. We have been to so many different wine festivals and wineries, that I have enough glasses that at our parties everyone gets their own "winery glass".

Hilary said...

Those are awesome. No way would I have left them at the store, either. I've never seen sticky people as glass markers...what a fun, whimsical idea! And the knittin's lookin' good...cool stitch pattern.

Kym said...

Love the little sucky guys! Perfect!

loripall said...

Just catching up on blog reading, and I wanted to say I was powerless against those guys, too! I saw them at World Market this weekend while taking College Son back to school, and they jumped in my cart for the long trip home. Those rascals!