Friday, December 10, 2010

Last night I went to a fancy party in Boston, and had to wait at the bar for my husband to come and gather me up so I didn't walk into the room of people all alone. (As I am a shy one at heart.)

I sat down and ordered a sidecar, which is not a drink I usually have. But I had just suggested to my friend Danielle that she should try one, and it only seemed fitting that I take my own advice, right?

It was kind of amazing. (if you haven't yet, Danielle... tonight.)

First, it's served in a sugar rimmed martini glass, with it's own little mini jigger of extra (like a milkshake in a soda shop!)

Second, it's the perfect mix of totally different ingredients that work together, sweet and sour - and a little smooth to boot.

And third, there exists a completely random, but good, instructional video of Rachel Maddow telling you how to make one

Lastly, it's NOT eggnog.


8 comments:

Seanna Lea said...

But eggnog is what's for lunch!

elizabeth said...

Sidecars are what we drink for Canasta night! No sugar-rimmed glass, but maybe we'll try that next time.

yoel said...

Yum sidecar! They are one of those "old" drinks that taste modern.

Turtle said...

mmmmmh! will have to try one! I just went and grabbed the gallon of sailor jerry's spiced rum... i must have at least one eggnog and it will be tonight! Been cravingone for days now.

Laurie said...

Sounds yummy! After a glass of liquid courage, you could glide in by yourself without hubby.

Mad For Knit said...

You've started a Sidecar craze!

Danielle said...

No worries. Sidecars are already one of my favorites :)

Hilary said...

Hmmm...yeah, that's a tough one. I think you're on the right track with coffee. Or what about tea? I wonder if there's an Earl Grey infused liquor out there? (Oooh...actually, I just googled Earl Grey alcohol and there are a couple of martini (or marTEAni) recipes out there. The sweater looks awesome, whatever drink you decide to pair it with.