Friday, February 18, 2011

First, the Sshh. Because this arrived yesterday with a bag of fabulous yarn and I'm about to spend the rest of the morning playing with it. And I couldn't be more excited!!


The monkey party invitation is covering up any info on WHAT kind of project this is going to be, but it's my first actual signed contract with anybody, so I'm all kinds of happy about it, and I had to at least share it a little. Besides, it helps me to block out the fact that I'll have to be at a Chuck E Cheese on Sunday AM at 9:30. (If my 1st grade parent buddies are reading, know that I do love you. The fact that I'm dragging my ass out is proof of this, but it's still 9:30 and it's still Chuck E Cheese, so I can whine.)


Whining aside, there's more knitting to discuss. There's this little number for spring, which I was juuuuuuust about done with, but have finally come to the painful realization that I'm about to reknit the whole thing.

I actually love what the design evolved into, but my original intent was a more curvy, kinda fitted top, and every time I wriggle into it, I realize I'm just not a fan of anything so fitted. The feeling had been growing, and when I put it on with the whole hip-waist-bust thing done, I realized it just isn't something I dig. Way too Jessica Rabbit.

SO... take two.

Same sweater, 3" of ease. We'll see how it looks when it's a bit looser, right? I'm feeling very proud of myself for deciding to Do It Right. There's plenty of time with this guy, since it's so summery, so this is all fine and Ill be much happier with it in the end. It can wait.

And wait it must, because Super Secret has a deadline and I'm about to begin.....

MOODY BROODY #2!


Sarah has outdone herself with the most amazing shade of light bluish gray. This is going to be moody beachy - remember? A cloudy, hazy beach day gray.

Later today, I get to skein these babies and get them ready for their journey TO MEXICO on Monday. My goal is to have it fully knit by the time I return next week, so I can finish up the writing and get moving on the rest. Rows of teeny buttons might be involved and I'll need time to pick them out and play with options - beccause I do love my buttons and that's fun.

So yes, don't look for me on the internets next week. I won't be here.

But I'll be back the week after, with pics and progress and maybe a new Margarita recipe?


35 comments:

Seanna Lea said...

Enjoy your trip! It sounds like you have 2 million knitting hours to go, so you'll have plenty to do when you are lounging in a cabana!

Lynne said...

Have a great time in Mexico, and while you're there, since the beach day gray secret might involve tiny little buttons, check out the tiny little SILVER button situation in Mexico. You might well be blown away... or not...

Dani said...

Congratulations! Your designs are so beautiful, I can hardly believe this is your piece that isn't self-published. Enjoy Mexico!

Michelle said...

Mexico! I'm certainly jealous! Have a wonderful time and enjoy your airport/plane knitting!Can't wait to see the new design. Your pieces are all beautiful!

Lisa said...

Thea, you make me want to be a better knitter, I love your designs. Congratulations on a well-deserved contract

Patty said...

Oooh enjoy that vacation and congratulations on the contract! I'm heading to Harrisville for Shelter. Send me a note if you need anything!

TheOtherSarah said...

Congrats on the design contract, exciting! Enjoy Mexico, that's petty exciting too!

I have no idea what Chuch E Cheese is, but as the name sounds like vomit and it involves first graders... wishing you strength!

Christine said...

I've heard a number of people say lately that they had no trouble knitting on the plane on the way to Mexico, but the Mexican equivalent of the TSA wouldn't let them have needles on the plane on the way back. Might be a good idea to string a lifeline if you're planning to take it in your carryon.

Zonda said...

Yay! Glad you are finally getting your Mexico vacation :) Have fun!

janna said...

Congratulations on the contract and have a great time in warm, sunny Mexico! And remember - real margaritas are neither fruit flavored or frozen -- and they have salt around the rim! (sorry - 23 years in San Antonio speaking!)

Dorothy said...

I echo the congratulations on the contract and wishes for your trip! And..can you tell us what that absolutely perfect blue-gray yarn is? I can't wait to see that design.

Mad For Knit said...

Fab news on the contract!!! Have a great time on your trip. We'll have to talk soon and catch up on all the new stuff when you get back.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the contract - can't wait to see it - and enjoy the yarn and Mexico!

Hilary said...

Have a great time in Mexico!! I can't imagine it will be too hard to want to pick up the knitting with that GORGEOUS yarn. OMG, that bluish grey shade is making me swoon.

And secret knitting, yay! Can't wait to hear more!

christina said...

Have a nice holiday! I hope you'll have a lot of knitting time because I'm really curious on how your new design looks one it's finished. I absolutely adore the little flowers!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you come up with, talented lady!

Yarn mom of 8 said...

I recognize the contract because I test knit for them... Maybe I'll be doing your design! Congratulations on your first contract. Can't wait to see what it is.

Karen

Susan said...

Your designs are beautiful and I'm such a fan of your work. Good luck on the project - I can't wait to see what you have in store!

Anonymous said...

generic diazepam cheap valium online - valium good sleeping pill

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam where to buy diazepam online usa - diazepam side effects overdose

Anonymous said...

diazepam synthesis diazepam 10mg nq - diazepam nasal spray

Anonymous said...

valium generic valium effects- 2mg - valium para que sirve

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg diazepam 2 mg wikipedia - diazepam valium while pregnant

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan withdrawal - lorazepam 1 mg and xanax

Anonymous said...

xanax illegal order xanax online - buy xanax online without prescriptions

Anonymous said...

ativan medication ativan high vs xanax - took 8 mg of ativan

Anonymous said...

discount ativan ativan dosage alcohol withdrawal - what is generic ativan

Anonymous said...

xanax for anxiety xanax green bars s 90 3 - xanax withdrawal paranoia

Anonymous said...

ambien no prescription picture of ambien 10 mg - street value for 10mg ambien

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online dont mix ambien and alcohol - ambien cr free trial coupon

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online without prescription ambien cr empty stomach - ambien side effects dizziness

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online highest dosage ambien - ambien sleep through night

Anonymous said...

soma cost soma medication online pharmacy - carisoprodol 350 mg ibuprofen

Anonymous said...

buy valium without rx valium root - valium d-10 generic

Anonymous said...

ambien cheap generic ambien 20mg - online doctor prescription ambien