Tuesday, March 01, 2011



Is it wrong that this is one of my favorite photos from the whole trip?

I didn't realize that these were Actual Cocktails that you could order until we'd already left the bar and were too far away to go back. That's when I saw two people carrying Pineapple Drink Heads around with crazy straws sticking out of the tops.

I guess I'll just have to go back sometime. And that wouldn't suck at all.


It was an amazingly beautiful week. Blue water, soft sand, happy children and warm weather.
And a little progress photo on Moody Broody 2. This bluish gray color is really lovely, and the sweater is chugging along, but I didn't get as much knitting done as I'd hoped. The beach and the pool and the rest of it beckoned a little too much. However, I did manage to knit the yoke twice (yep, twice. Blame the whole all inclusive bar concept. ooops.) and get down into the body.

And now that I'm home, we have a bunch of things going on, so it's good that I'm in the stockinette/body portion! I promise to tell All soon, but for now, I'm still a bit distracted and won't be checking into the boards as much as I usually do.

Wallpaper removal might get in the way.


Two stories worth of Ginourmous Hallway-Stairway Flowers are in my future.
Scary, huh? But the stairway underneath is kind of amazing and might be worth it.
------------

And I do promise knitting is happening and patterns for spring will arrive.
But maybe not until April. Along with the real live flowers, right?




Is it wrong that

14 comments:

Mad For Knit said...

I've done tons of wallpaper - horrible job. Definitely get a steamer to get that stuff off.
Love the new Moody Broody. That's just my color...

Lynne said...

If it's not vinyl coated, grab a spray bottle full of HOT water and spray two widths - go away for 10 mins, come back spray the second panel again, and a third. Loosen a corner on the first panel and pull slowly - Presto! I did my stairway this way, one layer at a time, four layers total, in two evenings. Painlessly. Margaritas make it even Less Painful.

Gorgeous curve in that upper balustrade, BTW.

Lynne said...

Ooops! Repeat as before with next panel until done. It would look kinda funny otherwise, hmmm?

Kym said...

What fun pineapple head drinks! Bet you could make them for yourself.

Have fun with the wallpaper. It is a horrible job. Horrible. But. It will be totally worth it once you're finished.

Iris said...

Re: the pineapple heads - I'm just sad that you didn't get the name and the recipe so you could design some cool summer sweater around that drink!

QuiltedSimple said...

Those pineapple heads look like FUN. And the wallpaper does NOT. But I cannot wait to see the new knit. Welcome back
Kris

janna said...

Any idea what was in that pineapple head drink????

And the stairway/hallway look beautiful, even with wallpaper that is no longer fashionable.... It will look even better when the wallpaper is gone, so good luck with that!

Patty said...

Ewww...I know that wallpaper world. It will be fabulous when it's done. Welcome home! We've always got a pineapple here! ;-)

Anonymous said...

LYNNE -- if that works, you need to email me your address and you get free patterns for life. I am so looking forward to trying this....

Seanna Lea said...

Gods. That is a ton of wallpaper to remove. The previous owners of our place left wallpaper trim everywhere, and it took me almost forever to remove it.

Kathleen said...

Oof, good luck with the wallpaper! And it looks like your vacation was lovely - bummer about the pineapple heads, though :)

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see the new Moody Broody!

We were somewhere warm last week too - sitting by the pool with my knitting and having men bring me drinks. Definitely a lifestyle I could get used to!!

Good luck with the wallpaper!

Renee said...

that's a lotta flowers!

Hilary said...

Welcome back! Sounds like an *amazing* trip (I'm totally jealous) and the pineapple head drinks are hilarious. Good luck with that wallpaper...