Wednesday, March 16, 2011


So, the trunk show was fun. It was hard to fit everything on here, but I eventually managed, and we had a separate table for the drinks. It's always so cool (and yes, a little bit weird) to watch other women playing with and trying on my actual clothes. But I love seeing them on different shapes and types of people, and I also love hearing the comments and suggestions from you guys. Food for thought on the next batch! So thanks to everyone who stopped by :-)

My favorite knitter was the woman who, after looking at a few of the sweaters on the table, studied me for a sec, and asked me if I didn't think my knits looked just a bit like that "cocktails girl's stuff on Ravelry?" I assured her that I was that cocktails girl on Ravelry, and got the most awesome reaction ever. Also fun.

------------

But, most my time has been spent on moving. With a new house picked, it's time to figure out what we plan to do with it! So far, we plan a bit of construction.

And in the interest of contributing towards said house and construction, I'd better keep designing. I have been squeezing the knitting in. Naragansett went off to testing a few days ago, and I've been splitting my time between the sweater below and my secret assignment, which has a pending due date and cannot be ignored.


This is the summer top I am reknitting in the hopes that a less fitted shape will mean a less slutty sweater. So far, so good. And it shouldn't surprise me that in the resizing, a few details are getting a makeover as well. I love the deeper seed edge here and the spacing out of the eyelets which spontaneously replaced the original version (underneath). Will see what else changes.

---------------

I leave you with a few awesome photos from a book my sister sent me.



One guy got a ski and the other got a golf club. Who's the prop guy who thought a wooden duck would be the perfect thing to go with those two?


If you look closely at what's going on, here, I don't think what she's suggesting has anything to do with tennis or sweaters.


Could they not find a baby model and had to use a stuffed duck?

And Maya swears this bunny is evil.

20 comments:

Patty said...

There are so many rack(et)jokes there...Love it!

Seanna Lea said...

I'm pretty sure Maya is right. That is one evil looking bunny!

Emily said...

Those old knitting pamphlets are so funny. I have a few of them and the pictures always make wonder what were they thinking?!?

I'm almost drooling in anticipation on your white top in the works. ( That is what I send the ravelry message about a few days ago).

Donna said...

I actually made 2 of those sweaters posing with the evil bunny for my (now grown) children--how funny! Don't think I even noticed the bunny...

Anonymous said...

The wooden duck is a decoy used in duck hunting, so it seems they were going for the outdoorsy theme!

yoel said...

Holy mole that rabbit is scary!

Did you show us this "slutty" knitwear? In any case the edging is wonderful and a little eyelet does a lot of good.

caro said...

Stop saying that sweater was slutty! Fitted does not equal slutty! Unless there was nipple showing or g-string hanging out.

Anonymous said...

Caro -- how about Very Jessica Rabbit?

Zonda said...

Hehe..those old knitting patterns are funny! Good luck with the new house stuff! We're impatiently waiting to find out if we are going anywhere this year.

QuiltedSimple said...

HAHA...that bunny does look evil though:) good luck with the new house!

janna said...

That "cocktails girl"! That's funny! And I love the eyelet trim....

Kristen said...

The little eyelet number looks promising!

MaidInEngland said...

That is the first time I have ever seen an "evil bunny"! Creepy...... It also looks like it is wearing too much theatrical make-up!

Reckless Glue said...

Oh I wish I could have been at that Trunk Show...I probably would have said something unwittingly hilarious like that as well (cuz I am a giant dork) and then would have been beyond embarrassed because I love all your designs. :)

Sarah said...

First, congrats on your show!

Second, Maya is so totally right.

I have mad love for the Columbia-Minerva company. Their "Sweaters for Men" is one of my cherished possessions. They like to pose a woman hovering blurrily in the background so that you won't imagine the two dimple-chinned fellows in their handknit turtlenecks are up to anything scandalous, lounging on their big picnic blanket with their basket of fruits. My college roommates and I were rolling in the aisles of the Goodwill when we discovered this gem.

Anonymous said...

The evil bunny is making the sweaters levitate.

diana said...

Glad to hear that the trunk show went well! And Maya is right, that bunny is scary.

Kym said...

So happy to hear the trunk show was a success! Wish I lived closer so I could've come (heck, I wish I lived closer so I could share a cocktail with you and knit!). That bunny? Oh, yikes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, does that tennis girl look like Cybill Shepherd.

Lindsey @ Yarnia said...

OMG you're right, that wooden duck is the perfect touch! What a gem.