Saturday, July 09, 2011

We got two pies out of the strawberries from our farmshare bounty. So, a contest was had. Maya and her buddy made a strawberry - peach, and then I made the other, which turned into a peach- apple-strawberry-cherry. Both were tasty, but I humbly deferred to the girls' version, as mine lacked the tasty goop, and they claimed that it was in fact, more tart-like than pie-like without the juicy goo. Either way, they were awesome, and a half/half of each was the way to go.


And then, with leftover stawberries still in hand, I was able to give Erin's Strawberry, Burbon, Basil drink a try.


In all honesty, I think I over-club soda-ed and it was a little lame.

But a bit of simple syrup and a tad more burbon and it worked out pretty well! Then I found a bottle of vanilla club soda in our bag and mixed that with the same thing. Vanilla and burbon never goes wrong.

I was also happy to use my new drink glasses. Looking for vintage light fixtures at the local flea market, you get a little distracted, right? These were three for $2, and I love the shape.

-------------------

I remembered to bring my camera over, so here are a couple progress shots of the downstairs of our new house.

The entryway, without the wallpaper anymore.


The dining room and office - both piled high with all the furniture for the first floor.

Eventually this will be a kitchen again.


And eventually this will be my favorite thing in that kitchen.
(Julia, if you're reading, it IS a BlueStar!)


In the meantime, I'm working on button placement.

Thanks for weighing in on the hood question. After your commentary, I am thinking I'll do a regular neckline - both to avoid the bathrobe possibilities and the extra yarn needed, which was also mentioned. Hopefully I'll get to finish up this week, and the writing can begin!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'm about to go make myself one of those strawberry-bourbon cocktails! Delicious!

Tante J said...

Love the doubled up button look! Can't wait to see this one!

Seanna Lea said...

I need to make your pie. I will happily eat both a gooey and a non-gooey pie!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the sneak peak of the sweater - very, very lovely. Can't wait to see more of the house!
Kris

Marshall said...

Love your blog! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top Shopping Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from electronics to computers to appliances, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=shop112) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=shop112). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!