Tuesday, November 08, 2011

She actually didn't ask ME, I just popped into the Twitter feed at the right moment.   

She was looking for some fall themed drink recipes, since she's bored of her go to cocktail these days.  And  I had literally just unfolded this article I was saving for Thanksgiving cocktails, so how could I leave a girl in the lurch?

After sending her an email , it dawned on me that maybe you'd ALL be interested in a few drink recipes!

So, without further ado:

Fall Themed Drinks

These are just burbon ones.  I'll do another booze another day!

1Apple Sidecar (makes 2)  Not your basic ingredients, but sounds interesting.

4 oz calvados
3 oz apple cider
4 tsp amaretto
1 tsp lemon juice

Fill the  shaker halfway with ice and add Calvados, cider amaretto and lemon.  Shake and divide, adding lemon twist to each glass.

2.  Kir Normand  - easy but fancy, again might require a trip to the store.

2 tsp creme de cassis or cassis liquor
1 glass of hard apple cider

Pour apple cider into champagne flute (see, fancy?) and add cassis. Stir

3. Stone Fence -maybe a bit boring, but sounds tasty to me

2 oz burbon
5 oz apple cider
3 drops bitters
orange twist

In old fashioned glass, add ice.  Pour burbon and cider over and stir bitters in gently to blend

4. Rhett Butler (I didn't make the name up)  This is the one I was about to make since I have the ingredients!

2 oz burbon
4 oz cranberry juice
.5 oz lemon juice
lemon peel
(i'm also going to add the bitters now that I love it so)

In old fashioned glass, pour the burbon over ice.  Add cranberry, lemon juice (and bitters) and stir.  Add lemon peel to glass. 

Any of these sound good to you guys or do you have a fave to add? 


Anonymous said...

Rhett Butler sounds like a good name for another one your projects!


Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty said...

Rhett! I used to drink Scarlet! Sub the burbon with Southern Comfort. Yum...

O~ said...

Borboun and apple cider sounds yummy- hope it will work w/out the bitters- not a fan...

Erin said...

Yay! Thanks for all the ideas!

Seanna Lea said...

These sound pretty good, though I'm a sucker for a bit of eggnog with brandy and nutmeg. Yum!