Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yes, it exists.  It took a little research, but this is kinda perfect. 


 
(I've found the menorah but not the damn candles yet.   I know they're in a box somewhere and I have till sundown, so that's OK). 

------------------------

      I thought this drink recipe was brilliant, so it's the winner.   It's a nod to two of my holiday favorites - latkes (potato) and gelt (gold coins).   I added the orange, since orange always seems festive to me.   

Hanukkah Gelt Martini

2 parts vodka
1 part goldschlager  (with the gold flecks!)
splash of vermouth

Shake in a jjigger with ice and pour into martini glass.  Garnish with orange peel or very thin slice of orange. 


See, how perfect is that?  Kind of sweet and desserty, for sipping as you light the candles.   The gold is so festive :-)

-----------------------

Besides that, I'm almost ready for the holiday.  Rugelach and honey cookies are baked and the brisket is happening today.  Tomorrow we eat that brisket at a dinner with friends, which includes kugel, and Thursday we light our menorah and have latkes with a few of our new neighbors.   Covering all the bases, in terms of food I know and love.

----------------

Also, in the spirit of the day, my Albanian friends are painting our third floor bedroom blue.


And, I am working on two blue knitting projects.   "Working" being a very loose term.



Enjoy!  And Happy Hanukkah :-)

7 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Happy Hanukkah!!! I hope you find the candles shortly:) I love that dark blue sweater - is that the one out of Lark????
Kris

Turtle said...

lol at the work reference! Happy hanukkah! Will watch 8 crazy nights this evening in honor of the holiday :)

janna said...

Happy Hanukkah!

Kristen said...

Happy Hanukkah! Your food sounds wonderful. I love latkes with apple sauce, homemade are best of course. Never heard of the goldschlager so looked it up and it looks beautiful, as pretty as champagne bubbles. Could it possibly taste as good?

Seanna Lea said...

Your drink sounds pretty amazing. I think we have a bottle of goldschlager around somewhere, though it probably doesn't go well with the sewing I need to do tonight!

maryse said...

happy hanukkah!

Marchant said...

Truck Games. Collection of truck games you can play online, all truck games are free and daily updated. Fish Truck; Monster Truck Curfew; Extreme Truck; Top Truck; Tank In Action; Monster Hummer Monster 3D Online Car Games Driving Games Truck. Bus Motor Racing Games.Select your best vehicles and start racing and driving. Free online Monster 3D game best online free car games 55. Cargames 55 your parking truck. 4 Wheel Madness 2 Game Free Online Monster Truck games Gamesloon. 4 Wheel Madness 2 game: Race against fellow 4 wheel in a grueling obstacle course. Race your monster truck across. Truck Games. Great monster truck game where you have to pass all obstacles and get to the. Cool racing game with big trucks on the speed racing track. Select your truck and start race. MONSTER TRUCK GAMES. Play monster truck games and other fun games and more games on www truckgames27.us.