Monday, June 18, 2012

This week promises to be a busy one, so I'm getting a post out early and then moving onto packing and planning for TNNA.  While I'm there, I've made a plan to spend a little time with Caro, so that when I return, this will be ready to publish for you guys.  The test knitters have finished, and the document is edited, and I'm finalizing now, so all I'll need are Caro's lovely photos.  

Which will not be on my dressmaker's dummy, with my Grandma's leopard collar hanging down the neck. 

The sweater is called Planter's Punch, and it's knit out of Blue Sky Alpaca's Skinny Cotton .  You  know how I love my Blue Sky yarns, and their red is a lovely deep shade, perfect for a summer tan.   It's a tan I don't quite have yet, but I'm counting on having it soon.


Also coming up, but a bit later this year, are these.

These lovely skeins are by Dani, of Sunshine Yarns.  Dani was getting her business off the ground when she was a member of the Knitsmiths with me a few years ago.  We met on Sunday afternoons in the basement of a local bookstore, and the women there were great - all ages and all kinds of knitters.  This was my first knitting group, my entree into all things blog and internet-knitting related, and probably one of the main reasons I ended up in this world.

Dani left Boston to live in Colorado, where she can hike and raise chickens and dye yarn to her heart's content.  Back then, if she was experimenting, or if she had some good stuff on hand on a Sunday, she'd bring in skeins for us to see, and sometimes we'd be able to purchase 'em hot off the dyepots.  I still remember a beautiful purple colorway she came up with,  named for Dana, who was another member of the group. ( Dana knit one sock for a very long time, so it was important she have a color she loved).   Over the years, Sunshine Yarns has continued to grow, and she now offers yarn, rovings and club memberships on her site.   We've been tossing emails back and forth for a little while, and the timing is finally perfect for a little collaboration, so I'm looking forward to playing with these skeins. 

I think it'll be cool to do something with some color variation in it, where I don't stick to a solid or semi solid to see the details.   This time, I  am thinking of bold textures and cozy accessories.  It should be fun.


And as always, I figure I should leave you with a drink.

I was given a giant pot of  herbs this weekend as a little gift (which I LOVE!  I highly suggest giving one to somebody if you need a little gift idea).  Using said pot of herbs as a jumping off point,  I decided to try a Lemon Sage Martini.  

2 oz vodka
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 sage leaves, smushed a little in your fingers
1 oz vermouth
2-3 drops of lemon bitters

Put the ingredients in a jigger with ice and shake.  

Pour and add a bit of lemon zest.   Drink while ice cold!


These were great - going to do Orange Basil next. 


binkette55 said...

Yay, I'm so excited, finally my two favorites will be working together to surprise us. I can't wait to see what you and Dani come up with!!

Evelyn said...

I love collaborations! Have fun -- can't wait to see what it produces.

Jocelyn H. Chilvers said...

Can't wait to try your fabulous cocktail recipe this evening as I'm making herb/lemon grilled chicken for dinner. But I think I'll use my jigger for measuring and combine everything in a shaker ;-)

Caitlyn Myers said...

I've just caught up to your most recent post after reading all of your archives. Congratulations on your wholesale account and your new collaboration with Dani! I'm looking forward to the Big Reveal for Planter's Punch, and I already have several of your designs in my Ravelry queue. All the best!

Anonymous said...

dmkncvvjj gucci 長財布 wsrhozirw グッチ 財布
xsfrdjisa gucci 長財布 qqoinmwqn グッチメンズ
xxtrhlfur グッチ 財布 hlirxxemq gucci 財布
uosssxcpi グッチ xpuwqmpal グッチ