Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sometimes other people make me drinks.



This is my friend Sarah, who is particularly good at doing so.

She's wearing a kind of awesome 70s jumpsuit thing, which just reinforces the fabulous entertaining and hostess theme she has going on.  We went over to her place for dinner a few nights ago, and she made a delicious cocktail with blackberries and lime and gin.   While wearing the awesome jumpsuit thing.   Plus, she told me how to make my own.

I just did. 


6oz of blackberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
2 cups of gin

Blend the above in a blender.  Blend and then strain it.   Put this in a pitcher to pour later.

Put glasses out, ice, and a small plate of lime slices and basil leaves.
You need a bottle of soda water. 

In each glass, add ice, a lime and some basil. Muddle them a bit.
Pour about a 1/2 glass of the mixture over the ice and add soda water to top it off.

--------------------------

The recipe makes enough for 8 drinks, and it's easy to prepare ahead of time, so it's a great party plan.   Unfortunately for me, Sarah lives a whole town away and none of my neighbor guinea pigs are home right now, so there's enough for 7 more in the kitchen.
Who's bored and can help a girl out?  Hurry, the ice is melting...


7 comments:

Turtle said...

hold the ice... be right there!

Dorothy said...

Damn! I lived in the wrong place and definitely don't know the right crowd!

TURNER said...

That looks delish! I think I even have gin in the house...

CanarySanctuary said...

You had my attention with the drink, but I'm intrigued by your friend's jumpsuit. I'm currently fixated on making one (well, several) for myself.
Now I must make this drink to have by my side as I sew, just in case I encounter some machine problems and need a drink-break!

Seanna Lea said...

If I was in your neighborhood I'd come over for a drink. I love blackberry and lime (and gin isn't bad either).

AntiquityTravelers said...

ok, FINALLY feeling like I might be able to enjoy a little beverage! SOOOOO under the weather lately. But that one looks good. Perhaps you should bring that recipe with you in Sept?! Glad you saw the 'next gen' knitters and beaders. Anne is the same ... she loved it for about a day. She probably will rather make bubbles with Zoe than craft when she sees her!

Kym said...

That IS a fabulous . . . thing . . . she's wearing! LOVE the fabric and color.