Saturday, July 07, 2012

Congrats Jewleigh!  

Am still on vacation in CA, and you were picked by a special team of my in-law relatives, who gave you credit for both following directions AND including a drink recipe.  They are also still gathered around the laptop, correcting my punctuation and watching me type, which is annoying.   Ahem.  

But they made me vodka and limeade drinks that they call Green Yummys.  (Yep, that's what they call them.)  We drank them around a lovely pool in Calabasas, down the street from LA proper.   Am being  corrected again, NOT down the street from LA proper, but the Valley.   Ahem again.

I'll be in touch on Ravelry to get your info.

-------------------------------

What Jewleigh said in her entry was:

my favorite vacation is always camping. My fiance's mom brimgs the fixings for what she calls "Ruby Junes." It is made of rhubarb syrup, tequila, soda water and a lime wedge. It is soooo refreshimg in the summer. Thanks for the giveaway!

Thanks so much to all of you for your entries - it was so much fun to read about your travels while I am on mine.  

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, where does one get rhubarb syrup??

Jewleigh said...

Thanks again Thea! I can't wait to get started knitting this sweater :)

@Lisa, you just need to cook down rhubarb with water and sugar, bring it to a boil, and then let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes. After that is done, you just strain out the solid bits and VOILA! rhubarb syrup! :)

Anonymous said...

We call them Rhubarbaritas - recipe from Lynne Rossetto Kasper. Had one last night on our evening boat ride in northern Minnesota. Plan on picking some more rhubarb today to make more syrup.