Sunday, August 05, 2012

Temps around here hit the 90s this weekend, and our central AC decided to die on Friday.  (Because that's always how things go when you live an an old house.)  
Lucky for me,  I'm on a "call anytime" plan with my friend Diana, who has a backyard pool.  So I called and she saved all our hides by inviting Zoe, me, and Craig over for the afternoon.  Not only did Diana let us crash her day and swim, but she also made me a drink in a jar and then took this picture of it on her phone so I could share.  Because she's that awesome.  Gin and Squirt grapefruit soda.  With a hefty does of lemon juice, because that Squirt is super sweet stuff.   I'd never had it before, but it seems very 1970s to me.

Next to the Squirt N Gin is a little Plucky project I've just begun.  MCN in Bleu. 


janna said...

Wow -- I had no idea Squirt was still made! That's certainly a soda from my childhood -- I think it's actually more 1960s than 1970s.

Seanna Lea said...

It is super duper warm. I wish I had a back yard pool!

Heather aka Proud Mama said...

I think it may be the Squirt soda which harkens the 70s for me. Hope your AC is back purring.