Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photo, as always, by Caro Sheridan, Splityarn @2012

Just a little preview of next week's sweater.    As you may remember, the buttons were going to be either these lemon ones, or a couple of bright oranges.  Lemon won.

 Later today, I'll be playing with the Bombay Sapphire itself and edit this post to give you a sneak peek drink to go with the sneak peek photo, so tune back in anytime after beer thirty and have your glass at the ready.

Hi again.  I decided to experiment a little with blue here.

Crystal Slipper
.5 curacao
1.5 gin
2 dashes of orange bitters

And it was a bad idea.   Sipping that thing gave me a shudder that included a left eye twitch.   Unfortunately, I don't think Curacao has any redeeming qualities beyond the food coloring property of bright blue.  The only good thing about the Crystal Slipper is that it matches the blue yarn perfectly.  Don't drink it.

However, the second cocktail was much better and my eyes have remained twitch free.

London Buck

2 oz gin
juice of 1/2 lemon

4 oz ginger ale
ice cubes

This one's lemony and refreshing (like my buttons).   


Ellen Mason said...

sweet sleeve detail!

Dorothy said...

It's a bummer about blue curaco. I love me a bright blue drink!

Can't wait to see the sweater!

Kathy said...


Patty said...

The yellow looks fab! Let's hook up at Rhinebeck maybe?

Michelle Adams said...

sweet sleeve detail!