Tuesday, October 23, 2012

But I'll try to boil the weekend down to a few.   Drinks first, since there weren't a lot of knitterly things to photograph on Friday and this is the order in which the photos appear. 

The drive included  tons of rain, and then a stop at the Eveready Diner in Hyde Park, which is a great spot to stop at on the way up Route 9.    The Bloody Marys were a little out of proportion this year.   However, they were still tasty and I never did run out of celery.  


We had to get to the fairgrounds early for an exciting photoshoot with that white sweater.   Post-rainstorm and pre-festival, the fairgrounds were kind of cool - animals being unloaded, yarn being hung, and booths being setup.  I felt like such an insider.   We wandered around with cameras and bags and were very happy the rain had ended.  


Friday also included a stop in town for some shops, a little browsing, some snacks, and flight of cider.   


Proper pajamas were brought.   I won't name any names, but know that these are not mine.  

 
One of the great parts about the festival is seeing my knits in the wild!  These guys were awesome in their matching Alleghenies.   I also met Jen, who had just finished her lovely Naragansett, Dorothy in her Irish Coffee, and many others.  An elusive blue Cranberry Capelet kept hovering around just a little out of reach, and I missed another Allegheny in person that I was shown on Twitter.  Early on Saturday, I tried to Kinnear an Irish Coffee chatting up another Naragansett, but the llamas-on-a-leash  kept ruining my photo.  
To everyone who did come up and say hi, thanks so much! 
 

Here's Eric in her Champagne at the Green Mt Spinnery Booth.  I love them and their yarns, and have gotten another skein of something to play with from the show.   It's going to be cozy....


 I was really surprised to see a few of my designs knit up as samples in the booths.  That was a first.


Of course, the BEST part of the whole show is a big bunch of time with  favorite people who live far away.   I spent a lot of Saturday with Amy here, who is a good buddy but geographically challenging in real life.  We even had enough time to come up with a design project we're going to do together, so stay tuned for that.  Yarn has been purchased.


 Amy's my kind of girl.   Proven in the photo below by both the flask AND her Stonecutter's cardigan, which I would steal off her back in an instant, it's so pretty.


I also met Yarny Old Kim, is badass enough to skate in a roller derby league.


  And I got to do a Nips with Steven.


 Throughout the weekend, the Peruvian guys belted out all your easy listening favorites, such as "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing - in addition to the traditional Peruvian Guy repetoire.


And we stayed on a beautiful farm with real goats, a gorgeous barn, a silo and a lake --- in a house with strange and uncomfortable and expensive furniture that in no way belonged on a farm.   It reminded us of  the Beetlejuice House, and I picture the owners wearing expensive eyeglasses and black turtlenecks , seated at their black lacquer dining room table with the weirdly modern chairs, eating very tall fusion food and not walking outside to visit any of the animals, ever.   We did go through the rooms and sat on every weird chair we found,  like Goldilocks did. 


Lastly, I tortured poor Erin when we drove past the coolest little graveyard on our way to the fairgrounds Saturday AM.   I insisted we stop and do a quick few photos of Bloody Mary next to the beautiful old gravestones.   The photos were neither quick, nor few and she hadn't even had her coffee yet, but she was a great sport and  I think there's a big Starbucks card in her future from me, as it only seems a fitting payback, given the no coffee thing. 

 

However, the pics were amazing and worth it (I think) and you will see the rest of them very soon.    Am just finalizing a couple of details and will release this in plenty of time for spooky Halloween knitting!  That about sums up my weekend - I hope yours was great too, Rhinebeck or not.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Oh wow, there I am! Yippee! It was so great meeting you too. Re-entry to real life is always tough after such an amazing weekend. wah

Teresa said...

Such beautiful photos! It must be so exciting to see your designs all over the place, on people *and* in booths! I really need to go to Rhinebeck next year. I didn't know staying on a charming farm was an option. That needs to happen in 2013.

beckyinVT said...

II saw you from a distance a number of times, but never got to say hi! But I did see 4 lovely Alleghanies, including those two!

craftivore said...

Great to meet you! Nips with Steven and Baby Cocktails is a match made in heaven. ;)

Erin M. said...

You can torture me anytime, provided I am fully caffeinated. But be forewarned, I was tempted to make you wrestle Bloody Mary away from me!

jillian said...

"Early on Saturday, I tried to Kinnear an Irish Coffee chatting up another Naragansett, but the llamas-on-a-leash kept ruining my photo."

most knitterly sentence ever.

EVER.

dianne said...

Sounds like it was a fabulous time! Maybe next year I'll be able to go too! I love the Nips with Steven pictures, those are too funny!

sewstylish said...

woohoo that's me in the green allegheny. I feel so special to have made your blog post:)I'm not so patiently waiting for the bloody mary pattern after seeing it in person can't wait for the release:)

janna said...

What Jillian said -- I truly LOL'ed when I read that sentence! Also - that's a lot of celery...

CintiSue said...

Best Rhinebeck photos of the year!!
Most fun @ Rhinebeck also! Thanks for sharing. One of these years!!!!

Kathleen Dames said...

Sorry to have missed you! I ran up on Sunday, which was lovely, but I think in the future I may have to plan on a whole weekend.

Anne said...

I have those same pj pants! And I think there's a Bloody Mary sweater in my future ...

wholesale animal hats said...


It’s good to read such interesting stuff on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this website again. Thanks again for posting such great reading material!!

General Finance said...

Thank you for the fantastic article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.