Wednesday, November 28, 2012



Coming off of  hosting Thanksgiving and Maya's big play and an actual knitting submission deadline, plus a big dessert/cocktail party we decided to throw on the Saturday after the holiday (just to keep things going), I was a little wiped.   You  have no idea how good it felt to pick up the needles and make this for Zoe, with no pencils, no plans and no schedule.


It's Plucky Bulky in Icy Audrey, and it began as a swatch for a cowl design, but after I cast on, I realized I wanted to keep going and going and going without a destination.  A few TV shows later, Zoe had a hat. 

And I had my sanity back.   

5 comments:

Jody said...

sooo cute and I LOVE the color! I have real trouble getting anywhere with ordering plucky yarn.
Over the holiday I sat with Cassis and lengthened the sleeves - perfect for restoring sanity, thank you!

lollyknits.com said...

cuuuuute picture! She looks very fierce and adorable. that hat really suits her :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dianne said...

Super cute hat and kid! You deserve to be exhausted after that crazy schedule you had. I hope the play was a success for Maya! She deserves all the credit in the world for being brave and confident enough to participate.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Go Zoe! cute pic :) love the Ice Audrey (Tiffany Blue) hat