Sunday, April 21, 2013

What a week.  After the roller coaster ride that has been life in Boston over our April break, it will feel good to get back to the usual routines again tomorrow.  Thank you all for your support of my sister's friends, Patrick and Jess - a note was posted on their donation page saying how overwhelmed they are at the outpouring of donations and notes from friends, and friends of friends and total strangers.


Friday was supposed to be my "stop" on Amy Herzog's Knit to Flatter book tour, but as the manhunt began all around us, we decided to postpone.   I've known Amy since the beginning of her journey and am so proud and excited to see the result of all the hard work she's put into her series of tutorials and classes and designs, and cannot wait to share the book with you.  It's good.

So stay tuned, as my post will follow at the end of the tour now, and it'll include a giveaway :)  I have not pinned my new date down with Amy yet, but since I leave for Michigan on Friday, and have a few things to get done before I go,  it may be after I return.

A week of vacation and limbo does mean a lot of knitting, and I was so glad that my projects over the week could focus on some really, really, really GOOD news.   A baby is coming home today.  Her Mom is one of the most special people I've ever known, and I've known her since we were 12.   She wore yellow overalls on that first day of 7th grade.  Little L has been a long time coming, and I can't wait to squoosh her later this week when she arrives in town.   I plan on keeping her hatted until she's five.   And I am SO getting her yellow overalls.

I also managed to knit quite a lot on my next Plucky this week, so I will have two finished and not-yet-published sweaters for the Retreat next weekend.  As I said before,  I'm leaving on Friday morning, and squooshing all the yarn - plus Sarah and Hayley - will be almost as good as squooshing the new baby, but not quite.   

 (Plucky Traveler Sport in Back 40 - and this  unblocked, poorly lighted photo does NOT do the deep green justice.)


Anyways, that catches you up for now.  There are three more summer sweaters in various stages of planning, but it's the yard that needs to be planted and some kids that need to be taken to the beach right now that I will spend the remainder of the day on.  



Lisa/knitnzu said...

I think you should knit that baby some baby sized yellow overalls. And then some toddler sized yellow overalls. And be sure that L has yellow overalls at all stages of her life.

At least until she tells you that she can't stand them.

Ruth said...

Knitting hats for long-awaited babies is the perfect antidote to the events of last week, I think.

Glad you're feeling a return to normal. Am looking forward to your take on Amy's book.

Hilary said...

I've been thinking about you over the past week! The whole country has been hit hard by this tragedy, even all the way out here, so I can't even *imagine* what it was like being in the middle of things. But baby knitting is a perfect and wonderful distraction...congratulations to your friend!