Friday, May 24, 2013


Something new:  I am going to try and post a drink each Friday, so you've got something to play with over the weekend!
As I've been saying, warm weather means gin to me, and it should be something cold and refreshing.  

This one is light and cool and does the trick on a hot day. 

  • Gin Sunray 
     
    Add the following to a shaker:
    1 oz gin
    .5 oz triple sec
    juice of a half lemon, squeezed in
    splash of OJ
    2 oz of seltzer
    Give it a good shake and pour in highball glass over ice.  
    Garnish with a lemon slice, and I smashed a little basil in mine -- it was even better. 
    If you like it a little sweeter, feel free to add 7up or Sprite instead of seltzer. 

    (I can't take credit for the photo - it's 7am here!  So I have pulled this on off www.thebar.com)
    Enjoy!
     

3 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

Ha! you did get me started on Gin being refreshing for summer. I was thinking about you the other weekend and made one with cucumber. YUM

Ellen Mason said...

Great idea!

Hilary said...

Yummmmm. Neill was just gifted some gin and, since I am not a fan of just sipping gin straight (like him), I may make one of these. Um, or more.